Win32/Sality.NAR

• gaurav200x
  • Born
  • Born
  • gaurav200x

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Folks,

I am a new member to this forum. I've having a problem with my PC.

The antivirus detected that i am infected with the Win32/Sality.NAR virus which corrupts all the exe files by creating a patch of code with the exe file such that when the exe is executed, the virus code is executed first and then the rest of the file.

Now, this creates 4 problems for me.

1) I am unable to open my task manager. I get the error as that 'the task manager has been disabled by the administrator' although i am the admin.

2) I am unable to open the regedit. Same error as the above.

3) I am unable to go to safe mode. I immediately get a BSOD (Blue screen of death)

4) All my hidden files/folders stay hidden even after i check them to be visible through Folder options.

Now i have tried copying all the data to my external hard disk and re-installing my OS in a clean formatted hard disk, but the virus persists in the exe files in the external drive.

i am unable to install most anti viruses since registry editor is disabled. The few anti viruses/anti spywares and other protections that could get installed didn't detect any problem. Lately i installed Nod32. It is able to detect and quarantine the affected files but unable to clean anything (even after update).

Kindly guide how must i clean this virus off my system?

p.s. I am a novice with computers, so kindly guide me through a step-by-step process.

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts