Win32.TrojanDownloader.Agent

• gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have a real issue with this trojan stuff....
ok here i go i have redone my whole system with the factory settings and did not put anything from the old system to this so its all fresh but now i am getting a problem with my firewall working and my windows work for like .. maybe 5 mins and thats it what do i do?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you open your emails on the new system?

Run Hijack This & post the log.
  • gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
Did you open your emails on the new system?

Yes i did if you mean the regular e-mail, although i don't download anything from my e-mails.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I bet that's what your problem is, especially if all kinds of forwards & attachments are being sent to you. How else would the trojan still be there unless to didn't format the drive when you reinstalled?
  • lindsay
  • Student
  • Student
  • lindsay

Post 3+ Months Ago

what is the error messages you saw on the desktop.

how do you know that this is the Trojan in the computer.

if you feel the problem is due to the Trojan

you can download the Trojan remover from the internet and scan the computer with this software in the safe mode.

after scanning the computer from the Trojan remover your problem should be resolved.
  • gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i have given it my all and i have fixed the trojan problem, thx and i have only a little question? Does any one know why i cant get internet exploror 8 to work correctly it keeps redirecting me to a compatability page: but it don't adress any problem in this situation. well if not i am sure i will get it sooner or later. :wink:
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why don't you tell us how you fixed the trojan problem? The only thing I know about IE8 is that I'll wait for IE9 to use it.
  • gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh i am sorry, i had to take my piece of mind and throw it out the door for a bit but what i did was...
1 track down exactly what the Trojan was and then quarantine it.
2 then i went to a few different websites that gave insights on 'regedit.exe' (cause eventually that is what i had to do)
ex: http://ask-leo.com/
But before that i first done several full factory recoveries with the recovery disk i got from my computer manufacturer.
after doing so i noticed no matter what i did i still had the same problem!! Well here it goes, i had to go into the registry type the hotkey or the file name that was infected, did a search in the edit column and every time it showed me the present key that it located (no matter what it deleted) and after that kept pressing f3 till it was completely clear. Now i am not saying that this was the only option, but i do know that i didn't have the money to go and replace the hole thing or to buy a disk scrubber..Financially i am stuck. OK so you see what i did and you know the consequences of messing with the registry, Just pl don't do exactly what i did exhaust all your resources, because i know i did!
I hope this gives you a little insight but doesn't make me look completely crazy, because what works for the goose doesn't always work for the gander.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well done. I always recommend searching regedit with F3 until it's finished.
  • gblondie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • gblondie

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks but i hope i wont have to go thru that again
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago