Windows 2003 Server question

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Qestion is re: win 2003 server.

Background

I tried via System Commander to delete Redhat linux 9 in the manual partition mode (successful except for the boot directory, and "moved" all other partitions...etc...to the "top" of the drive. I did this in prep to make some free space for an install of a Novell netware server. The "prep" was successful, although after testing prior to the install...Win 98 booted just fine, however, I could not get Win 2003 Enterprise Server Trial version to reboot and kept gettting the following error message:
Quote:
Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of the following error: 0xc00002e1. Please click OK to shut down this system and reboot into Directory Restore Mode. Check the event log for more information

Attempted solutions.
I rebooted and tried F8 to restore to last known good configuration and also Directory restore mode and also Safe mode. In all cases at the login prompt it rejects my "correct" admin password. When I use my original password that was used in install, it accepts it, but then immediately logs me off. I can't get into the server to check the event log in safe or normal mode to check what's going on.

Does anyone know what's happening here? I can always reinstall it if need be, but I'd prefer not to if possible.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Skip the question. I deleted it and successfully installed my Novell server. I'll reinstall Win 2003 Enterprise later when I have the time. It was just a play-toy anyway.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

That sounded like a bad error though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts