Windows XP being all auto

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was trying to work out whether this was a Windows issue or maybe an issue with the machine. I'm clued up on Windows, but at what point on the loading up process does the computer start to run on Windows?

Basically, every time i load up one of the computers at this office the CD drive pops open. This will be within the first few seconds of the load up.

Also, whilst i am in "Windows XP Pro" the Caps lock is on by default.

I guess the Caps Lock issue was what made me post this in here. It was either Windows or Hardware, i just wasn't sure which was best as at the end of the day i'm going to assume that by fixing this i would have to do it when the computer has loaded up Windows anyway.

If anyone has any clues on what the issue is and how to solve it i'd love to find out.

Thanks.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know you can set whether or not num lock is turned on after boot in the bios, but I never saw a caps lock in any of my computers. You might check though.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, i figured it might have something to do with this.

What with both the drive opening and caps lock also being on by default i guessed it was probably the same thing causing it.

I'll check it out later on and see. I'm currently using the computer at the mo to browse the web (and post this) as my laptop is being funny at the moment.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts