Windows 7 to hit October 22nd

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For a change Microsoft is ahead of schedule and is looking to release Windows 7 well ahead of schedule and ironically, just in time for the holiday shopping season.

Quote:
SEATTLE (Reuters) -

Microsoft Corp said on Tuesday its new Windows 7 operating system will be generally available on October 22, well ahead of its original schedule and in time for the holiday shopping season.

The new operating system, which will replace the unpopular Vista, was originally planned for roll-out at the beginning of next year, but Microsoft confirmed last month that it would hit the market in time for the year's busiest buying period.

Quote:
Microsoft said it will send Windows 7 code to PC makers to load onto new machines -- known in the industry as "release to manufacturing" -- around the end of July.

By October 22, people will be able to buy new computers with Windows 7 installed, or pick up the software off the shelf to install on their old computers.

http://tech.yahoo.com/news/nm/20090602/ ... _microsoft
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

If summer has to end, that should be a good ending. For the first time, I'm looking forward to a new release.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

So am I. As a matter of fact, I had received an ad from Dell this morning for a 30% discount with the typical "downgrade" to XP Pro and discussed the possibilities of some computer purchases this month with my CFO. This afternoon after I read this I went back and told her forget the conversation - I'm waiting until November.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wonder how much an OEM upgrade will be to windows 7. With laptops going for under $400, $150 would be all I would pay.
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
I wonder how much an OEM upgrade will be to windows 7. With laptops going for under $400, $150 would be all I would pay.

Thinking about the price as well..
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have the RC on my laptop right now and it is running really smooth.. it is a lot faster then vista and looks great.. there is the odd driver problem but it is a rc.. it is doing a lot better then vista when vista was at this point(RC)

price is going to be a big factor. it may up the price of most pc and laptops for a little wile.

i for one am looking forward to windows 7.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's not what you said five minutes ago in another post.

mswindows-forum/don-upgrade-dell-mobo-vista-key-t98079.html
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don2007 wrote:
That's not what you said five minutes ago in another post.

mswindows-forum/don-upgrade-dell-mobo-vista-key-t98079.html

my laptop is a "test" pc. and most of the drivers for it are missing.. like the scroll on the touch pad cant be used and the vol control is messed up.

that topic is about a desktop that would be my main pc. windows 7 is on a laptop just so i can play with it and test it. in fact it is going back to factory restore vista this weekend or Linux.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts