Windows xp home login

• tomkulethegreat
  • Born
  • Born
  • tomkulethegreat
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi there,
i rele need some help i start up windows and wen it starts up the login screen appears this is not right as under users in control panel welcome screen and fast user sweitching are set to on. I don't understand why my welcome scrren does not appear. When i start the computer up i press options on the login screen and "EN" appears. Nothing else PLease could you help as i have had this problem for agers. I'm using Windonws xp home

Thx!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Freakyp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: M'boro. TN, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm.... I'm about 17% sure of what your saying.....

Quote:
i rele need some help i start up windows and wen it starts up the login screen appears this is not right as under users in control panel welcome screen and fast user sweitching are set to on. I don't understand why my welcome scrren does not appear

to me it sounds like your Login screen does no appear?... if that is the case, is there only one user account on the computer?, if so that is the problem, see... it just logs on as the default user, so if you want to top this you will need to make a pasword for the account, then it will stop a the login screen and ask you for a password instead of loging on to the default user... hope it helps man! :wink:
  • tomkulethegreat
  • Born
  • Born
  • tomkulethegreat
  • Loc: London

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok. Right, i do have the login screen at startup but i do not want it! I have made sure that all the neccessary boxes are checked (control panel>users>change the way users log on and off) and both boxes are ticked so that the welcome screen appears at startup and fast user switching is enabled. However it doesnt appear at startup and the login screen still appears. When i press the options tab on the login screen at startup a simple "EN" appears just below the options tab. how do i get my welcome screen back!? Thanks for the help earlier but thats not what i am looking for :( . Any help would be great! Thankyou
  • wyrickj
  • wyrickj
  • Loc: Wyoming, MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well maybe you may need to restart Windows.
  • StarScre4m-
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • StarScre4m-

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is an option to turn off the logon screen, and if you have more then one user I am not sure if you can turn it off.
  • twmspro
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you download tweak ui for whatever os you have i used that a while ago and worked without wanting to hurt something. just installed check and type a few things and your done!
  • SecureITGroup
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you have one account in xp with no password it will log onto that admin account.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts