Windows Xp how do I find PID from a command prompt

• Leo Tapia
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Leo Tapia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Windows XP stops loading even in safe mode at sisagp.sys. I figured I can do a repair but I know at one point it will want the activation code. I know I can go to the restore mode and get to a command prompt. Is there any way to find out the PID in command prompt mode?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• gopher
  • gopher
  • Loc: Atlanta

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think there would be a way to see the pid's from a command prompt and not to mention they wouldn't all be loaded from a command prompt anyways. But the one thing that you could do is try looking in the C:\Window or WinNt depending on the version of Xp you are running and/or C:\(Windows/WinNt)\system32 and try looking at the different .INI files. Like the system.ini or win.ini and see what they have set to load when you start up the computer. Another thing to look at is the autoexec.bat file and the config.sys files they aren't used like the older version from the older days but still are used to load some things when booting.....

I hope this helps guide you in the right direction in fix/resolving your problems. :idea:
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z
  • Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

That one looks like a driver issue to me. I'm betting you have an SiS Motherboard and that looks like its AGP driver. Hmm seems interesting.. don't know if Recovery Mode has an program to remove a driver. DId you recently update your motherboard drivers or anything like that? Otherwise it may be a connected resource, You haven't changed any BIOS settings related to your AGP aperture have you? That could conceivably be causing problems.

Alkatr0z

PS Would be funny if I was wrong about all I just said after my deductions ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts