Windows xp issue

• vortexgy
  • Born
  • Born
  • vortexgy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all,

Just a small problem that i can not seem to fix, On the computer we have two user accounts, Both are admin accounts.

The problem is when one person downloads say " windows live " the other person seems to have the download on their account.

The issue is that we both end up with each others downloads that we do not want, is theee any way to resolve this?

Kind regards.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't download files into the same folder.
  • vortexgy
  • Born
  • Born
  • vortexgy

Post 3+ Months Ago

For example, If I download skype.

Quote:
Download -> save to : C:\Documents and Settings\Lewis\My Documents\Downloads

Then open and extract. The other user account[s] will have this downloaded. Which is odd like I say because on the pc we are both computer administrators.

Really stuck on this one would appriciate help :)
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

So you are saying that once you download and install something, the other user on the computer has access to what you downloaded and installed?

That is how it works. If I download and install WinZip then everyone who has access to the computer will have access to WinZip. There are some applications which have an option to be accessible to only the person installing it and that is usually a check box during installation but not all applications have this ability.
  • vortexgy
  • Born
  • Born
  • vortexgy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
So you are saying that once you download and install something, the other user on the computer has access to what you downloaded and installed?

Yes that was what I was talking about, Ah then everything is fine. Anyway to change that though?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

No there isn't.

I guess you could possibly go in and alter permissions to where even if he tried to use the program it wouldn't let him. Then of course since they are also an admin on the machine they would be able to reverse your changes.
  • vortexgy
  • Born
  • Born
  • vortexgy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks grinch2171 that was very usefull. That was annoying me for some time now. :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts