Windows Live Messenger Installer Problem

• swanniebroo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • swanniebroo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, so i am a curious guy. I get the new software when it comes out (except for vista, won't touch that). So I downloaded the new Windows Live Messenger. Double clicked the installer. The cursor changed to the arrow with the hourglass, and then back to the good ol' arrow. So now, me thinking it was a program clash, I uninstalled the old Windows Live Messenger, and tried to install again. Once again no luck. Rebooted, retryed, rebooted, retryed. Still nothing. So then, thinking I will cut my losses and try again on another computer, I go ahead and try to install the old WLM (The new one is still beta). The same thing happened. Mouse with hour glass. Then normal again. Rebooted, retryed. No Luck.

At first, a problem with MSI, but
a)this was a .exe
b)i could install other .exe's (Winamp, for instance)
c)i could install other .msi's

So yeah, that's it.

Sorry for the rant.
But please help.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did you get the messenger download from Microsoft or somewhere else? If you got it from somewhere else go here and download the microsoft version
http://download.live.com/

Click the Messenger Beta download link.

It could be you got a bad copy with a bug in the installer. I'd try it out, but I'm not big on Microsoft beta's especially when they're only two weeks into release. My 8.5 is working just fine. I'll wait until they work out the bugs.
  • swanniebroo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • swanniebroo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, i did get it from there.

At first i downloaded the web installer, and seeing as that didn't work, i downloaded the entire thing, which didn't work either.

0n some other forums it has said things about temporary installers are still on the computer, so a new one can't be used. I don't know.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

don't know what to suggest. If it was me I'd just forget about it until the thing goes gold

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts