Windows XP Networking (UNAVAILABLE)

• nut
  • Born
  • Born
  • nut

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Im running Win XP Pro.

I got my own network with ips from 192.168.1.1->192.168.1.3 and public ip comes through PPPoE. I was updating my windows patches and restarted my computer. After this normal procedure I tried starting my internet connection the link gets up and I cant get the PPPoE to login. So I checked the status and it says <UNAVAILABLE> to each IP field as well as DNS fields also. You guys wouldnt happen to have clue in which process the problem starts from? I think I may need to use system restore point to get rid off it. All answers are welcome. TY
  • Alkatr0z
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Alkatr0z
  • Loc: Adelaide, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you communicate with the other computers on the network? If not I'd try running the XP Networking setup wizard, probably could do that even so and set it to connect to the net through a router. Just an idea seeing as no one else has come up with anything about it.

Alkatr0z
  • tetu
  • tetu

Post 3+ Months Ago

try and ping the server that is sharing the internet. so you would determin if the problem is in all of you computer or the internet
cheers
  • SimonTemplar
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

your problem doesn't seem to be related to the OS itself as if you are using a router it looks like that you had a problem with ur ISP
please if you got to a solution let us know
  • tetu
  • tetu

Post 3+ Months Ago

yesterday i encountered a problem very similar to you if you are using the network card realteck 8029 win xp is loosing / corupting the driver try and re install the dirvers of the network card

cheers
:lol:
  • dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

i would do a system restore and then look at the upgrades indetail

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts