windows xp...please help

• chrusa03
  • Born
  • Born
  • chrusa03
  • Loc: portland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got this computer from someone several months ago and other than it being filled with crap I can't get rid of and some stuff is under the previous owners password etc...it runs ok for basic needs but I recently bought a digital cam and installed etc...but when I tried to load pics it said no pics found...I have installed stuff like this many times on other computers so I know it's not operator malfunction!!!! I finally found out that it's something to do with drives and or windows xp so when I read the instructions to go to start then accessories then tools then activate windows (which I'm hoping is the problem), I didn't see the option "activate windows" I'm lost at this point and sorry I don't know a better way to describe the problem but I could sure use some help. I need the cam for my business and I'm so frustrated. Thanks,

Cheryl
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Dragoris
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dragoris
  • Loc: Erie, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have the XP set up CD? if so, if you dont want ne of the other persons programs you could just reformat the hard drive and start with you new "XP'ed" pc having only the bare minimum programs. You can customize from there cause after you Reset up the OS You should be the Administrator, with acces to All.
  • hollaback04
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hollaback04

Post 3+ Months Ago

pop u xp cd into ur cd rom drive and reinstall everything lol enjoy :p

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts