Windows Xp Problem: Unmountable Boot Volume

• I_g_o_r
  • Born
  • Born
  • I_g_o_r

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guys - i also need help with "unmountable boot volume" BUT on top of this problem i get blank (black) screen. When i turn off-and then ON the monitor i see computer trying to launch Windows, and then stops at the blue screen window. The image flashes for a split of a second and then the screen goes blank. If i repeat turning off-on the monitor, the words on the screen flash again, and the story repeats. Therefore it it very challenging to figure when to press R or anything else. When the problem 1st happened i was just getting the blue screen with the message "unmountable boot volume". I paid $75 to buy XP Home Edition disk, since my home Dell came without it. Hope somebody can help. I mostly use Mac, and this is my home computer for misc. stuff. Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• pccare_himanshu
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • pccare_himanshu

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's a damaged file system case to resolve this follow the steps :-

1.Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.

2.When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.

3.If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.

4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

5. At the command prompt, type chkdsk /r , and then press ENTER.

6. At the command prompt, type exit , and then press ENTER to restart your computer.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts