Windows Restarting

• bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay, Every once and a while when playing Everquest my comp just decides to restart, No error message or anything. It shouldnt be overheating, I have a fan directly on it prety much 24/7 (Big stand up fan) I have no clue as to what to do. Any help is appriciated.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SecureITGroup
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try the power supply when system are harsh on power they restart.
  • DuckIT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you get temp readings off the CPU etc? Still worth checking. As SecureITGroup says, its load thats doing it so almost certainly hardware (very unusual for a software error to reboot you) so agree on it could be low power. What processor/RAM/video card do you have and what power supply running them?.

Try checking your RAM by downloading the excellent memory checking utility from http://www.memtest86.com and leave it funning full tests overnight (just running one test is no good, it often takes a few runs to get the error if there is one) it needs a blank floppy to run - follow the instructions carefully.

Other than that you could try reseating everything you can get your hands on (CPU, RAM, Power plugs, and all cards inc video) i've had good luck with that before.

What EQ server out of interest? I used to play on Farstar.

S
  • bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

my server is tunare and my account name is franon
  • SecureITGroup
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

What are the System specs I am interested in how many hard drives, video card size, how many CD-ROMS and how many fans and most important how many watts is the power supply?
  • bluedragon
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • bluedragon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Umm I dont know if we open it, it will void the warranty and I'm not doing that. DVD-Rom and CD-RW thats all I can tell you and 1 Harddrive.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts