Windows Shutdown:: lsass.exe terminated,

• Joe-05
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: MN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wazzzzzzzzzzzzup every1.

I've been getting annoying massage from my windows 2000 service pack 4.
I recently update my windows service pack 1 to pack 4. after that update, I been getting this massage:

"This system is shutting down. please save all work in progress and logg off. any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by NT Authority/system.
the system process 'C:\windows/system32\lsass.exe' terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073741819 the system will now shutdown and restart"

And then the crashed system app gives me 60 secs to save my work after that it shutsdown and after 20 secs the computer reboots itself.

Throw some words to help me out...... Peace and love.....
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• NaNoBoT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

SYMPTOMS

After you install Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 (SP2) on a Windows 2000-based domain controller, you may receive the following error message:

The system process lsass.exe terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073741819. The system will now shut down and restart.
This error message occurs after every subsequent reboot, usually within 15 minutes of the reboot.

CAUSE

This behavior is caused by an invalid replInterval value in the Configuration container in the properties of a site link.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for Windows 2000.

Anyway i found all this info here mate, hope it helps you....

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;300038
  • NaNoBoT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is also a lot of other stuff floating around on the net relating to this problem, some things i read said that said you may have the 'Sasser' virus, dont know how true this is because the lsass.exe is and i quote

Quote:
lsass - lsass.exe - Process Information
Process File: lsass or lsass.exe
Process Name: Local Security Authority Service
Description: Windows Local Security Authority Server Process handles Windows security mechanisms. It verifies the validity of user logons to your computer or server. Technically, the software generates the process that is responsible for authenticating users for the Winlogon service.
Company: Microsoft Corp.
System Process: Yes
Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): No
Common Errors: N/A

but if the first didnt solve it for you try a virus scan..

let us know how you got on..
  • Joe-05
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: MN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I used the Microsoft support website http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300038 but nothing could help me. I even tried windows update but no security updates was available to updated. :evil:

I heard that "Sasser" virus can re-code all the system processors and change security sittings. I hope the Sasser is not what infecting my system files.

I full scanned my computer. No file was infected. And also I individually scan all the system processors but nothing was unusual.

The problem is not from the lsasrv.dll or lsass.exe because I know the lsass.exe is getting terminated from another system processor in this computer. I believe Spooler SubSystem App is the main application processor that ending the processing of the lsass.exe. I believe this because this only happen when my computer is log in to the internet. Spooler SubSystem ask permission to access the internet. If I disconnect from internet, the problem seems stop. When I saw what’s going on, I block the Spooler SubSystem App for having access to the internet. The reboot loop stops. But I want to know what’s wrong to this processor.

***Processor's 411***
Quote:
Process File: spoolsv or spoolsv.exe
Process Name: Printer Spooler Service
Description: Windows Printer Spooler, a service that stores printer jobs and forwards them to the printer when it is ready.
Company: Microsoft Corp.
System Process: Yes
Security Risk ( Virus/Trojan/Worm/Adware/Spyware ): No
Common Errors: N/A

Questions in My Mind
*What do the spooler subsystem application process?
*Why does this file need to access the internet?
*And also why does the problem stop after preventing this file for having access to the internet?
  • jackjigar
  • Born
  • Born
  • jackjigar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Joe-05 wrote:
Wazzzzzzzzzzzzup every1.

I've been getting annoying massage from my windows 2000 service pack 4.
I recently update my windows service pack 1 to pack 4. after that update, I been getting this massage:

"This system is shutting down. please save all work in progress and logg off. any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by NT Authority/system.
the system process 'C:\windows/system32\lsass.exe' terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073741819 the system will now shutdown and restart"

And then the crashed system app gives me 60 secs to save my work after that it shutsdown and after 20 secs the computer reboots itself.

Throw some words to help me out...... Peace and love.....
  • S1L3NCER
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had the same problem and my roomate too and it was the sassew virus ... so IAm pretty sure its that I found an article on how to romoved it on the microsoft site but u can find it right now :(
  • Laxi
  • Born
  • Born
  • Laxi

Post 3+ Months Ago

My story was totaly same in the last weekend.
I have not found any viruses (MyDoom, Sasser etc.),
but I solved the problem. (Sorry my English, I am Hungarian).

Step 1. I installed a personal firewall to my laptop. (Sygate Personal Firewall)
Step 2. I blocked all request for 445 port (microsoft-ds).
Step 3. http://www.windowsupdate.com (enable port 80:)
(There was a pair of frozen :) Finally the update was complete.

The problem wanished.
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

good, using sygate :) good pick.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts