Windows Update

• breasons
  • Born
  • Born
  • breasons

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been haveing a problem after installing Windows Updates for Windows XP Home,after installing when I go to type,that is hit any key the computer freezes.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks. :cry:
  • beings
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow that is strange. you can uninstall those updates and see if it fixes your problem. go into unistall software and find the ones you downloaded. were these updates critical updates? or just recomended updates? this also could be a virus, so i suggest you scan for that too.
  • breasons
  • Born
  • Born
  • breasons

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have already taken them off.The first time it was just recomended updates,but this last time it was critical updates. :shock:
  • ShEDeViL
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you tried installing them individually to find out which update is giving you the problem?
  • mas77
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

try to do a virus scan as it could be one way of detecting this problem as long as when you make a click it does not freeze, norton would be a good program to use.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Start with troubleshooting 101 - turn off your computer, replace the keyboard, reboot and let us know how that goes. If you don't have a spare keyboard run down to Radio Shack. It'll cost you less than $10 and the gas.
  • shatter2day
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: N.Y.

Post 3+ Months Ago

you could also try a system restore to the date that your computer was acting normal, that fixes things sometimes

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts