WINDOWS WILL NOT BOOT HAVING PROBLEMS REFORMATING !!! HELP

• shabba
  • Born
  • Born
  • shabba

Post 3+ Months Ago

hiho
i am a big noob on computers and need help.
it started today wen i booted up and started playing poker.. then i tryed booting up wc3 (a game for those of you who dont know) and the monitor went blank anf started saying "no singal" so i thouhgt it was the monitor playing up... i restarted the computer as i couldnt get the monitor to come back on and then my problems started...
firstly it came up with the selection boot to safe mode , last known configuration etc etc.. then i choose to start windows normally and after a few secs it restarted on me and came back to the same position so i tryed safe mode and it restarted again... by this time id had enough so i tryed to reinstall windows and all it seems to do is come to the blue screen.. :( i tryed to use the recovery console but i couldnt get the commands right despite using the "help" command. I then tryed taking the battery out as a friend said it could solve it and it seems to have gotten worse it now says that my processor is "1250 mhz" instead of the 2.1 amd it should be... I NEED HELP :(( HAD ENOUGH AND WANNA PLAY WC SPENT ABOUT 6 HOURS SO FAR AND I NEED YOU GUYS TO HELP
please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!
i cnt think of anything else but they are the main points a step by step guide for newbies would be veryyyyyyyy niceeee i cant understand alot so please please explain it as if u was talking to an old granny who hasnt used a computer before..... help:<
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• pramitroy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • pramitroy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well,
its not well understood what happened when you tried to reinstall Windows. Did it last up to successful finishing and then you got the same problem again or it is just not working to reformat any more?

To take out the battery with any misuse may cause any problem. Try to insert a new one.

Quote:
all it seems to do is come to the blue screen..

When and at what step did that occur? Did you wait to see the next steps to come?

As I am a "beginner" I need some elaborate description to answer better. Don't mind.
  • shabba
  • Born
  • Born
  • shabba

Post 3+ Months Ago

it wasn't even getting that far it would even let me get to 0%
however after taking some memory out it decided to reinstall
BUT... i have some other problems i installed the wrong usb driver and now i have no power from usb ports my mouse which is usb stopped working straight after it had finished... Then i noticed that it says its only 1.3 ghz instead of the 2.1 its meant to be :S so confused anyone know why?????
  • Wild Child
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Wild Child

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you pulled out the battery it reset your bios to default you are going to have to go into them and reset everything for it to see the cpu correctly etc.

WC
  • b34nz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • b34nz

Post 3+ Months Ago

shabba wrote:
hiho
i am a big noob on computers and need help.
it started today wen i booted up and started playing poker.. then i tryed booting up wc3 (a game for those of you who dont know) and the monitor went blank anf started saying "no singal" so i thouhgt it was the monitor playing up... i restarted the computer as i couldnt get the monitor to come back on and then my problems started...
firstly it came up with the selection boot to safe mode , last known configuration etc etc.. then i choose to start windows normally and after a few secs it restarted on me and came back to the same position so i tryed safe mode and it restarted again... by this time id had enough so i tryed to reinstall windows and all it seems to do is come to the blue screen.. :( i tryed to use the recovery console but i couldnt get the commands right despite using the "help" command. I then tryed taking the battery out as a friend said it could solve it and it seems to have gotten worse it now says that my processor is "1250 mhz" instead of the 2.1 amd it should be... I NEED HELP :(( HAD ENOUGH AND WANNA PLAY WC SPENT ABOUT 6 HOURS SO FAR AND I NEED YOU GUYS TO HELP
please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP!!!
i cnt think of anything else but they are the main points a step by step guide for newbies would be veryyyyyyyy niceeee i cant understand alot so please please explain it as if u was talking to an old granny who hasnt used a computer before..... help:<

you should have chose "boot with last known settings that worked"
that always works for me
=\
  • wonderland
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: P.R.China

Post 3+ Months Ago

Check your display settings and see if the refresh frequency of your monitor is too high @ the resolution u play WC3...
  • Wild Child
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Wild Child

Post 3+ Months Ago

These are all good suggestions ....but the problem this guy/girl is having is that it crashed, he went to reload the computer and is having problems.

WC
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

are you willing to format [ie willing to wipe everything of the hdd and then install a fresh copy of windows xp]
if so, gather a few tools, number one, your windows xp install disk.
now, turn on your computer, and then enter the bios. this can be done by pressing several buttons. for me it is the delete key, for some it is the f8, f12 key. if when you boot up it gives you and option to enter setup, press the indicated key and enter it.
now you must change the boot orderto boot from the cd first. this is so the computer will start to install xp from the cd.

now, if you have already tried all this and this is the point at which you get a bluescreen, i cant help. however, if it isnt [you havent done any of the aforementioned] continue reading]

it will ask you to press f6 once you enter the windows xp installation. dont do this unless you have a SATA harddrive. after this, just foolow the instructions, re-install xp, dont repair it. when it asks you about there already being an installtion in C:\WINDOWS, ignore it and tell it to install over it in the same directory. whn it asks you to format the drive, move to quickformat in NTFS. after this, follow the instructions and let it continue, dont press anything.
now just re-install everything you had on your computer.
  • shabba
  • Born
  • Born
  • shabba

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok...
thx for all ur replies but the main problem i am having now is my confused processor speed before anything went wrong it was 2.1 now after i got virus/pc crashed it became 1.3 .... i thought reformat could sort out this problem but it did not... my friend says it could be due to it overheating but i dont think it is becuase it would stop working all together right???=\ i want to know how i can sort it and will it actually run at 1.3 ghz now or run at what iy actually is (2.1ghz)
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

You will probably need to update your BIOS. I have had a few friends that experienced this problem with AMD motherboards. Go to your motherboards website and look for BIOS upgrades in the download section for your model. Follow the instructions to the letter or you will be have more problems.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts