WindowXP IE Ver6 Problems

• bsinglet
  • Born
  • Born
  • bsinglet
  • Loc: Lexington Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am having problems with IE ver6. Recently when I log in I get a error message the says that IE is experincing a system problem and needs to close. I have to log in several times or reboot before the message finally goes away. If IE is open and I try to access outlook I get a similar message saying that outlook is experiencing a problem and needs to close. If IE is closed I can access outlooks. I have a similar problem with MS Word I get a error when I try to open word that says that MS word is not working properly. If IE is closed I can get into word fine. I do not have any problems with anyother programs. I have tried to correct the problem by re-installing XP, but problem still exist. I have done a virus scan and a spyware scan and both progams came up with nothing. Can anyone help me toward solving this problem.
Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• the_Maven
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_Maven

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey
Out of curiosity, how was ie 6 installed? is it the version that came with windows, or from online? also, have you installed any service packs?

- The Maven
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm curious about the mention of the service packs the_maven. I'm getting a similar problem, although not as severe and have been thinking that it may be one of the updates that has to do with activeX although I can't seem to narrow it down. All MS tells me when I send the report is a dll caused it, but they don't know which one. So far it's just been an annoyance. I'm still trying to find the time to uninstall all the recent critical updates and see if that solves it. Hopefully this weekend I'll get the chance.
  • the_Maven
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_Maven

Post 3+ Months Ago

I mentioned the service packs because i have heard several stories of the installation of a service pack causing something (a device, etc.,) to not function properly. I guess the possibility exists that that could be an issue.

-The Maven
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

u could try and roll it back and see if that takes care of the problem or see if there is another fix on the windows update page
  • the_Maven
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • the_Maven

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just wanted to add to the comments. This is why it is a good idea to frequently (depending on how important your personal files are) set up system restore points.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts