WINRAR

• joe191272
  • Born
  • Born
  • joe191272

Post 3+ Months Ago

i also downloaded winrar files when i extract them i need to know how to burn them so these also boot from pc start screen but it just says not a system disc
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Diddy1
  • Diddy1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could you specify your problem a little bit more. Like what of files ther are they iso's or cue's or anything like that. Then I'll be happy to help you out.

Thank You
  • joe191272
  • Born
  • Born
  • joe191272

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the reply i will try and send more info later i recently downloaded an iso image windows xp pro and i used nero7 to burn image to cd/dvd it seems to work when i put my cd in when computer is on but if i want to do a clean install from powering up it says not a system disk the product key is intgrated so i cant upgrade how can i make a bootable version i have recently just got iso buster but at moment seems comlicated ive gone through some cds ill tell ya i assume with this iso image there is no boot in it can i make my own boot and ad it to iso before burning
  • NuAngel
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Erie, PA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just above the space bar, and a little to the right.

>

That key. It makes periods appear.

Use it. Please.

-If you burned the ISO properly (didn't just burn an ISO file to a disc, but actually Opened the CONTENTS of the ISO and burned it to the disc (file>open>filename.iso in Nero, not just "new data compilation" and drag/drop the iso on there).

Changing an ISO to make it bootable can probably be done with ISO Buster, but I haven't used it since last summer, so I can't recall how right now. Still, I would advise just making sure your BIOS has a proper boot order set up and that it is told to boot from CD, most ISO's that are going to be bootable, already are (such as the Windows Vista beta from Microsoft) - you don't need to do anything more to make them bootable.

Your download, with an "integrated key" sounds like some kind of pirated version of Windows XP, so I think I've given about as much advice as I can on this issue. Just look into your BIOS settings, before trying to remake your own ISO.

Nu
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Since we are discussing a pirated version of Windows XP, all help on this subject stops here. We do not condone the use of p2p to illegally obtain copies of software. If you are having issues then I suggest visiting a forum that doesn't have an issue with pirating software.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts