WinXP has nostalgia for childhood :lol:

• Kally
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Kally

Post 3+ Months Ago

...Or something like that. Anyway, earlier I tried to play a group of audio files in WMP 10-Beta. I got a "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" error. Since every time this happens most of the icons in the system tray dissappear and I can no longer see what's running without checking CTRL+ALT+DEL, I restarted (is that a word?).

Upon logging back into my WinXP account after restarting, I saw the interface had somehow reverted to Windows Classic, but with the same color scheme as the Windows XP Olive theme. The font scheme I had set was also intact. And a screenshot I had taken shortly before the restart was missing. Files I had moved or saved after that screenshot were intact though. The icons on the desktop were rearranged in no particular pattern. Note, I had been cleaning off my desktop, moving files into my Desktop Clutter folder and rearranging icons shortly before the restart. The icons were back where they had been before I rearranged them but the files I moved were in the Desktop Clutter folder like they were supposed to be. All but desktop_07-31-04.jpg. :?

I checked Display Properties > Appearance, but the only option available was Windows Classic style. I restarted again, and this time deliberately selected and applied Windows Classic. After that the Windows XP style option was restored, I applied it, and re-set my font and color scheme settings.

Then I noticed the cursor and sound scheme had been reset too.... :?

Oh well. Odd... :lol:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 1 post