Wireless Internet

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a problem here... how do I check how many computers are connected to my wireless internet? I know of two that I authorized with a pass, but I think someone hacked into mine or something. Either that, or I don't know what's going on with my internet.

Here's what's going on...

I usually have fast internet connection on my computer which connects wirelessly... I recently changed rooms and now the antenna to my wireless computer is like a yard away from the wireless router with nothing in between them. Now the connection lags, I loose internet connection randomly... seems like the internet is struggling. Gets quite frustrating at times. Especially when it has a spell of disconnecting every 1 minute so I can't get much done on the internet. Hijackthis doesn't yield anything that could be of any problems.

I have a second computer connected to the router through a wire (not wireless) and isn't experiencing these problems. My iPhone, using the wireless, takes a loooong time downloading one song from iTunes... abnormally long then it used to.

Any suggestions as to what can be causing this?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

All PCs connected to your router will be listed in the web interface of the router. Do you know how to access that?
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I changed the SSID and the password so if they hacked into it, they have to try again, and I will be keeping a close eye on it.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you using WPA or WEP? If you can switch to WPA, it is a little harder to hack. Also, it is a good idea to not broadcast the SSID.
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

WPA is much harder to hack, not just a little. At least, I haven't been able to do it.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got WPA/WPA2. Thanks for that tip grinch, I'll disable the broadcasting of my SSID.
  • demonmaestro
  • Gold Member
  • Gold Member
  • Loc: Conroe, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you are using linksys under the status tab you will have a DHCP Client table.. you will be able to see the computers that are connected to your router. How ever any that have a static ip WILL NOT show up.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts