Yahoo Messenger not showing messages

• rent0tski
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

help..

my yahoo messenger won't show any messages on the IM window. I can see what i am typing but not when i've sent it already. I can't also see the messages sent for me. I've already reinstall different versions of yahoo messenger and have followed the instructions to troubleshoot it but it still doesn't work.

thank you
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jayle008
  • jayle008

Post 3+ Months Ago

just try this. Go to the messenger then click the preferences, then messages. Just click the "show the messages window"
  • rent0tski
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's ok now. i don't exactly know how it happened..

thanks anyway.
  • jayle008
  • jayle008

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, that's good!
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well.....right now its working fine but earlier i have faced some login problem and some others in yahoo messenger and switch over to Gtalk........you should also try it .......
  • Eli3000
  • Born
  • Born
  • Eli3000

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried those same steps and it still did not work. I am having the same exact problem.
  • jalberto
  • Born
  • Born
  • jalberto

Post 3+ Months Ago

my yahoo messenger won't show any messages on the IM window. The IM window open but appears blank. I can see what i am typing, send it, but I canĀ“t see it sent. I can't also see the messages sent to me. I've tried to uninstall Yahoo Messenger and reinstall it and have tried to install older versions of yahoo messenger, but it still doesn't work.
Someone can help me to solve this problem?
  • arriella52
  • Born
  • Born
  • arriella52

Post 3+ Months Ago

this has been happening to me for months andis causing a lot of headaches for me:( I have also been through all the settings, reinstalled yahoo updated anything i can think of and it still does this to me, i see other people typing, no messages come through mine get to them however, and the same in the main chat i can tpye and see it in the im window and then thats it...it never shows, the only thing i can think of is a compatibility issue with windows 7 but i just have no idea...i have installed windows live and hope that will work
  • anitt2006
  • Born
  • Born
  • anitt2006

Post 3+ Months Ago

Best Method:

Go to Run -> HKEY-CURRENTUSER-> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Current Version -> Internet Settings -> Zones -> Delete folder other than 0,1,2,3,4

Thanks
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

anitt2006 wrote:
Best Method:

Go to Run -> HKEY-CURRENTUSER-> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Current Version -> Internet Settings -> Zones -> Delete folder other than 0,1,2,3,4

Thanks

Be careful before trying that. Messing with your registry can cause you more problems than it fixes if you don't know what you are doing. If you really want to try it, back up your registry first.
  • oeichenwei
  • Born
  • Born
  • oeichenwei

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anitt's steps work for me. I have met the exactly same issue today, and get resolved by those steps~
To be more security, before doing that I backed up the registry...
And I am curious why this works?
ATNO/TW wrote:
anitt2006 wrote:
Best Method:

Thanks

Be careful before trying that. Messing with your registry can cause you more problems than it fixes if you don't know what you are doing. If you really want to try it, back up your registry first.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would assume that it works because the only folders that should be in the zones key are 0,1,2,3,4. Any other folder should be considered as added by a third party and not needed.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Moving this to Windows Forum as it isn't related to the Yahoo search engine.
  • pepperl
  • Born
  • Born
  • pepperl

Post 3+ Months Ago

anitt2006 wrote:
Best Method:

Go to Run -> HKEY-CURRENT-USER> Software -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion -> Internet Settings -> Zones -> Delete folder other than 0,1,2,3,4

Thanks

was great...my problem is solved...Many thanks...
  • pepperl
  • Born
  • Born
  • pepperl

Post 3+ Months Ago

This setting worked great thanks
  • mohtra
  • Born
  • Born
  • mohtra

Post 3+ Months Ago

anitt2006 wrote:
Best Method:

Thanks

thank u sosooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

u r the man

i dont know how would i ever find a solution like this

thannnks
  • aqsahib
  • Born
  • Born
  • aqsahib

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok so im trying to fix this issue and im not as technical as some. when you say go to run do you type this in or can you copy and paste?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a location in the registry. So when you open up run, you need to type in regedit and press enter. Then go to the location listed above in HKEY Current User.
  • tobywoo
  • Born
  • Born
  • tobywoo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know this is an ancient thread, but I'm having this problem...and there are no extra zones other than those listed. Any other ideas?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts