Yahoo Messenger At Sign In

• strangethings
  • Born
  • Born
  • strangethings

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Everyone ! I am new here and sure hope someone can answer this for me ....At the YM sign, everyone knows there is a " Smiley " there sleeping and when we hit the " Sign In " button ...the smiley comes alive and bounces up and down until sign in has finished ...WELL ....when I hit sign in the Smiley comes alive and ALWAYS the right eye pops open and then make a different facial expression at every sign in . The right eye pops open Everytime but has a different facial expression every sign in . Some expressions are very strange ! I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this because this has been going on for at least 8 month and the " Bug " survives a Complete Clean Install because I have gone through this 2 times and the YM Starangeness Stays . I sure hope someone can help me with this ...do not know who to ask . I have posted this in several places but nobody will touch this on with a 10 foot pole ! Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That smiley is a flash file. It is located in c:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\login.swf It contains the different images you've described including the sleepy wink.

login.swf requires Flash player 9.0 or higher to play it correctly. Check the version of Flash Player that you are using, or download and install the current one (version 10.1.102.64 as of this post) from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I don't think your problem is with Yahoo. I think it's with your Flash Player.
It's also a possibility that your login.swf was replaced with a different file. The correct Version of the file should show a creation date of ‎October ‎21, ‎2009 date modified of 4/20/2010.
  • strangethings
  • Born
  • Born
  • strangethings

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks ATNO/TW for your reply . Yes , I am running the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player . I am sure there is corruption somewhere in Yahoo Files because before all of this ..when I would do a Comlete Clean Install on this XP Home Edition system and had to put everything back in, it would take a little while to download YM back on my Desktop but now it takes about 2 or 3 seconds to put it back on my desktop . I am not sure when it started this Super Sonic downloading to my Desktop but I am sure probably aroung the Same time I am getting these strange facial expressions . If there were someone that knows the correct filepath where the corrupt file can get deleted and the correct one put on ....... I have even tried to download the YM program from several different places but still the Super Sonic download and the same 'ol Strange facial expressions ......Thanks again .........Terry

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts