Camtasia Studio5 (QWhen I record and play back the screen is

• christopher74
  • christopher74

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I record a video on Camtasia Studio 5 and replay it. The screen is blurry. I have rescaled it, no good. I am new, and dumb at all this at the moment. I have tried to go to the support site but I do not understand what the hell they are talking about to trouble shoot the solution. Can someone please help, that would be great. (if your ever in Melbourne, Australia, let me know and I will buy you a beer or Two)
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try recording a new one. Maybe the second time should work. I think you should know what the hell they're talking about to help you to troubleshoot that problem.

What the hell was they talking about?
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have this idea it's the rescaling bit where it becomes blurry, try rendering one with it's original resolution and see if it still does that ... also, don't run any other programs or things while rendering, I have seen that this has an effect on the quality you get at the end of the day ...
  • newmath028
  • Born
  • Born
  • newmath028

Post 3+ Months Ago

try to install latest klite codec
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It becomes blurry most likely because of the compression and the file format you are saving it in. Try a different file format and compression.

*side note be carefull with the klite codec pack. I have it, but really be carefull during install what you install. It can mess things up. At least it did for me and was a bit of a bugger to fix.
  • Leon008
  • Born
  • Born
  • Leon008

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are some screen recorder like DemoCreator which has a certain recording rate, but some screen recorder like Camtasia you need to set it yourself. Besides the compression rate, you may adjust screen recording rate. Usually the setting is 30 fps(frames per second).
  • moniqu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • moniqu

Post 3+ Months Ago

@leon008, fps should be determined on what kind of video you're making, and if it has much active things in it. If it doesn't have much moving parts that are essential to the video then it's better to cut some of the fps in order to make it smaller in size!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts