Easy to use Video Editing Software

• GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a wedding video which is 46Gb consisting of 5 separate avi files. They were imported with Pinnacle Studio from a digital video camcorder.

I need something simple that I can run on a HP nc6220 laptop with a 1.73Ghz Pentium M, 2.0 GB of PC2-4200 and a 7200rpm 100Gb hdd with XP Pro sp2. I have a dual layer DVD burner but I want to get these down to 1 or 2 DVD's at most.

But I have never done this before and I tried to use Pinnacle 10 and I HATE it. It's the worst. Not very intuitive at all.

It's at 720x480 with a bitrate of 1536kbps and 16bit pcm audio. running at ~29fps. Which is your basic video.

Basically what needs to be done with the video is some parts need to be cut out and the entire 5 .avi files need to be compiled into a few full-length DVD movies. The problem is, some of the avi files are 13Gb and some are 6Gb, they aren't exactly even. I don't need menus or anything of the sort. Pop the DVD in, have it play till the end. What would be the best is if I could get it into a single Dual Layer DVD or 2 regular DVD's. Some parts are really dark too, I need a way to lighten them up. They had really poor lighting throughout most of the reception.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Heck, if someone can make a masterpiece of it, I'd even pay.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I upgraded the laptop this morning to 2Gbytes (2 x 1Gbyte) PC2-5300 667Mhz memory. It has onboard graphics but that shoudl work right?

Anyone have any ideas on a program thats more intuitive?
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, that will work. I have a computer with less (PowerPC, 500Mhz, 576 memory) and I can still edit video. However, most video editing software require a minimum of 800Mhz. :wink:

LOL, you put "easy" and "video editing" in the same sentence.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I meant intuitive more so than "easy."

Most thing's dumbed down for the computer illiterate are impossible for me, yet things like FreeBSD, OpenBSD & Photoshop are easy.

How about I put it as "Designed by people for like-minded people." That should narrow the ballpark slightly.

Still didn't get any suggestions though.
  • guitarman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • guitarman

Post 3+ Months Ago

try final cut pro.. My friends always recommend me this as he use it for his professional work.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

For $1300 I'll pass. This isn't my profession, Its a favor for a friend. If I like it, I *MAY* pick it up as a hobby.

I have muvee aP 5.0 and Ulead Video Studio 9 on a tbyb basis. If I like one, I'll pay for it.
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

guitarman wrote:
try final cut pro.. My friends always recommend me this as he use it for his professional work.

I was going to mention that. As well, it is what I use, but I don't think they make it for Windows. But, if they do, I believe the newer version, Final Cut Express, is only $300.
  • Dejavu
  • Born
  • Born
  • Dejavu
  • Loc: Singapore and Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I assume you are using Windows here. Are you using Windows XP? I think they have an in built movie editor that you can use. Should be straight forward enough.

The thing about Digital Video Editing is, never be intimidated by the size of the file or whatever. You need to know THE BASICS of Digital Video before attempting to edit as it will make a whole lot of things so much simpler.

Most editing software are similar in principle and layout. If you know one software then the others just takes a bit of getting used to.

I personally prefer Adobe Premiere Pro. but there are others out there like Snazzi or one of the Pinnacle's DVD video authoring softwares that you can use. Best place to go is your local hardware computer shop and ask questions.

I'm sure if you did a Google you can find a lot of tips on video editing.

Remember, the basics is most important.....forget about trying special fx and all that.

You don't need expensive setups to get quality.

Cheers
Dejavu
  • nukacola
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, maybe PresentaVid will fit your needs, but It doesnt suppported to make a video from a several ones.
But it can cut frames, add tittles ans much more simple features. And it cost something about 2 hundred. free try
  • bittersweet
  • Born
  • Born
  • bittersweet

Post 3+ Months Ago

also want to recommend to try presentavid
easy to use, not expensive, can burn dvds

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts