Multiple Language DVD (lecture slides)

• siemprepeligroso
  • Born
  • Born
  • siemprepeligroso

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi I work at the multimeda and marketing department of the university which I am studying at.

I have got a new challenge recently.
I have to make multimedia DVDs for the students who are registered at our university but they are not able to attend the lectures.
So I have to make DVD which contains slides for a given course and the voice of teacher has to be synchronized with particular slides while he lectures.
The challenging point here is that the DVD must be in more than one language, and the student should be able to change the language in the middle of the presentation.

for example the student starts listening and watching the slides in english, later he realizes that he is not capable of understanding some professional terminology so at time x (let us say at, slide no 5, [3:12]) he changes the language and the video does not stop neither the audio, everything must continue as it was but in different language. This is something similar like satellite receivers when we change the language from the remote controller, nothing stops in video or audio, just the language is changed.

Is something like this possible to achieve, what type of technology does it require, is there any software that will help me to do this, or which software tools should I use to make all this work?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi siemprepelirojo,

My guess is that the entire DVD would have to be done in both or all languages, with & option to switch at any time. You can't depend on any software to do a proper translation on the fly. Nothing is that good.
  • siemprepeligroso
  • Born
  • Born
  • siemprepeligroso

Post 3+ Months Ago

dear don

I don't know if i understood clearly what you say...

I guess you say that I should make 3 DVDs for all 3 languages...

My idea was different I want 1 DVD which will have all 3 audio files for the explanations of the slides....

So the student should be able to change between languages without stopping the video playback...

hope this is possible and you can help me
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You'd have to create an actual DVD with multilingual support.

http://www.adobe.com/designcenter/encor ... iling.html

That should allow the students (if their dvd players support it) to change between languages either in the menu, or as the video is playing.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts