some question about flv

• bryantsinger
  • bryantsinger

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's the difference between diffrent codes? I've seen a lot of flv player.
and some people are always talking about the enconder and decoder. Is there different enconder and decoder for the same format?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't entirely follow your question about "codes". There seem to be a variety of encoders and decoders as you say. The best encoder I've found so far (and only one I use) is Adobe's own Macromedia Flash 8 Video Encoder. It gives you the option of choosing the popular Sorenson Spark codec, however I've had much better results with the On2 VP6 codec. The compression quality is superb. As far as players, using Flash itself provides me with excellent quality and streaming abilities simply using the FLVPlayer component available with Flash 8.

Here's an example streamed FLV created in QuickTime using H.264 compression, then converted to FLV with Flash 8 Video converter (with On2 VP6) and streamed with Flash 8 Pro. (requires Flash 8 player to view)

http://www.alaron-nuclear.com/devsite/g ... trol4.html
  • bryantsinger
  • bryantsinger

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanx very much though i am still confused about the question.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't feel bad Bryan. I'm confused about the question still too. What exactly are you trying to ask. Your question isn't clear.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

Atno, one question about importing video files.
I tried to import several video files (.avi, .mpg, .mov) in flash 8, but always got the same error: format of the movie not supported.
And one of the movie that i couldn't import was imported ok in flash MX.
What seems to be the problem?
i searched over internet and found this:
Quote:
I have a problem in importing ".mpg" video in flash 8 on my pc. when I try to import the video a message appear that, " abc.mpg contains video in an unsupported format and cannot be encoded", but this file I am able to import on other system.

Any idea?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really have no idea. I usually only deal with AVI or MOV imports, and never had a problem importing them with Flash8. Normally though I import them as FLV progressive streams, however I just tried importing several FLV files as embeded flash. Tried importing to stage, importing to Library and Import Video and all three worked as always without a glitch. Only thing I can think of is perhaps the codec being used isn't supported. I usually am working with On2 VP6 or H.264 or DV files from a camcorder.
  • bryantsinger
  • bryantsinger

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am ashamed to reply to you so late.
cuz I went on errands last 3 weeks. I cant get even a phone call there. I was suffering there...

When i back home, i recieved the email to show me there is someone who reply to my post.

thanks my friend.thanks very much.
  • alex111
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • alex111

Post 3+ Months Ago

bryantsinger wrote:
and some people are always talking about the enconder and decoder. Is there different enconder and decoder for the same format?

In simple words:
Encoder - modelling several frames by a one point.
Decoder - modelling a one point by several frames.
  • abigale105
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • abigale105

Post 3+ Months Ago

bryantsinger wrote:

i think converting one format to another format needs the decoding and encoding process. For example, avi to mp4. First you must decode AVI files then use the codecs to encode MP4 files for output.
  • allyduan
  • Born
  • Born
  • allyduan

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh, the encoder and decoder are the tenical terms in video converting .

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts