Which software do you use to create 'WEB' animation?

• rebecca16
  • rebecca16

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to start a thread on the best WEB ANIMATION SOFTWARE.

there are many available. the ones which i have used are
GIMP
SWISH
3DMLW Editor QuantumHog

I have heard the even Flash 10 was introduced with Web Animation feature, i have never used it. how 'bout you guys? which one do you use?
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

what do you mean web animation?

Most movement you see on the web is either built with javascript or Flash. If you use javascript you don't need a special program. Flash (versions long before 10) is animation/interactivity software.

If your looking for movie style animation (embedded video) most people are using After Effects or something similar.

GIMP or Photoshop are really only capable of creating animated image sequences and real animation tools have come a very long way from that.

To answer your question there's usually a right tool for every job. I frequently use some combination of After Effects, Flash and Javascript.
  • adsm0k0

Post 3+ Months Ago

For a simple web animation for a site you can use Photoshop + Flash. Adobe Creative suite could fulfill the creativity that you want for your site.
  • anistock
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

For professional animation you need maya, 3d max or after effects [ with plug-ins]

Simple gif animations can be created using the programs you mentioned, but they are only gif and a bit past it
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

anistock wrote:
For professional animation you need maya, 3d max or after effects [ with plug-ins]

Simple gif animations can be created using the programs you mentioned, but they are only gif and a bit past it

I respectfully disagree. In the ancient times professional animation was done on paper and/or transparencies, meaning you can use any drawing app to create professional animations i.e.; Photoshop, Illustrator, ImageReady, Flash, Gimp, etc. You don't necessarily have to have a 3D app. Todays software just make work flow easier (matter of opinion) and saves time by removing repetitive processes. With that being said, I use Illustrator, Flash, and After Effects, and occasionally, papyrus, lol.
  • GTv
  • GTv

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like 3ds 2009 it works nicely and gives you a lot of formats to save your animations to, including gif

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts