Advanced Google backlink question

  • nanoreef
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • nanoreef
  • Posts: 14

Post 3+ Months Ago

madmonk wrote:

also for consistency's sake, it is often best to have most of your links in your site sticking to domainname.com/ format as well. :-)


what is the advantage over domainname.com format?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Posts: 2115
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
madmonk wrote:


also for consistency's sake, it is often best to have most of your links in your site sticking to domainname.com/ format as well.


what is the advantage over domainname.com format?



yea, I meant if you are going to use domain/, use it throughout your whole website. Internally.
Externally, you will have links in other websites. and your link will most likely be domain/ as well.

Thats a consistent way of doing your links. Internal and external.
- you use one method ie domain/

you will also be channelling your available PR well too..no good splitting up the PR like what rtchar has pointed out. :-)
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 487
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just use <a href="/"> for all my home links.
  • nanoreef
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • nanoreef
  • Posts: 14

Post 3+ Months Ago

darksat wrote:
I just use <a href="/"> for all my home links.


So how does that affect PR, does google see it as domainname.com or domainname/index.html????
  • nanoreef
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • nanoreef
  • Posts: 14

Post 3+ Months Ago

madmonk wrote:
yea, I meant if you are going to use domain/, use it throughout your whole website. Internally.
Externally, you will have links in other websites. and your link will most likely be domain/ as well.

Thats a consistent way of doing your links. Internal and external.
- you use one method ie domain/

you will also be channelling your available PR well too..no good splitting up the PR like what rtchar has pointed out. :-)


Ok, let me get this right.... domainname.com, domainname.com/, and domainname.com/index.html are 3 different pages to google and if you were to use all three throughout your site or in back links you would be splitting your PR 3 ways....

Why would google do this, can they not tell it is all the same page???
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 606
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think it matters much if you use absolute addressing (domain/) or relative addressing (/), these would be determined to be the same page.

On the other hand if you include a file name (index.*) then there is no reliable way to determine if this the default document or not.

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 36 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.