Adwords Isn't So Scarry

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I finally broke down and tried Adwords today.
I thought it was going to be a pain in the rear, but it wasn't all that bad.

For me it was pointless to stick with the default easy mode they start you out on, I should have just selected the standard mode from the beginning instead of wasting an hour trying to find stuff in the easy mode.

From what I've read around the net, the max CPC can quickly cost you your entire advertising budget in a few clicks if you din't set it yourself. And from what I've seen in the manager you can only set the max CPC in standard mode, where as in easy mode the max CPC is automated which is where you can get into trouble financially.

I also thought I was going to have to monitor my account like a hawk to make sure it didn't rack up a huge bill for my credit card. It's a prepaid card, but I don't want it being zerod out in a day you know ?
I found out you can prepay via credit or debt and ads will be deducted from that, you can also set a daily/monthly limit.

I was also pleased to find out that the minimum deposit for prepaid ads is only $10. I think that will be plenty to figure out how things work if I start with extremely specific keywords and image banners then broaden the context from there.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your not already doing so, I would recommend adding Google Analytics to your site and then connect the two together. This will make it much easier to track your success what is happening in the site itself.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I linked the two together the first day, I've been using Analytics for quite some time now.

I haven't quite figured out how to utilize the connection between the two yet though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts