Anyone know any forums with high pr

• darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anyone know any forums with highish pr on the page you post on.
EG 3+
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ignore PR its not as powerful these days and forum back links are even more devalued. What you want is links from many deferent sites.

Ozzu is the most powerful PR site I post on and sometimes a page can even beat my own design site on Google :shock: . http://www.htmlforums.com can be hit or miss if your really interested in showing Pr3 back links.
  • discountdomains
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • discountdomains
  • Loc: Telford UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah,

Theme is becoming increasingly important.

Try posting to the free directories such as
Business Directory and Small Business Directory

Clare
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope it does become important but as of yet no evidence proves it has been implemented.
  • 2003m2003
  • 2003m2003

Post 3+ Months Ago

Every link is important, but theme base non reciprocal more, then theme base reciprocal, then others. Yes, forum links are less value, I have seen site with 150 or more forum links and most of them are more than PR 5, BUT site is still PR4.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

2003m2003 wrote:
Every link is important, but theme base non reciprocal more, then theme base reciprocal, then others.

1. Theme make no deference - yet! There is no evidence it has and it cant be done without a human backboard like a dmoz/Zeal directory). Dont get confused with an expert based system during the florida update ( theory http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~georgem/hilltop/ )

2. Reciprocal makes no deference and why should it?

oh I see erm...IMO non of your sites on the footer make for effective SEO.

Quote:
We accept only website, who is willing to give link back in PR3 or higher Pages.

This is so false; links from different IP’s are what’s important these days.
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

A couple of questions.
Are 3 pr 3 links from similar ip number worth more than a pr 3 & a pr2 from different ip range.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

darksat wrote:
Are 3 pr 3 links from similar ip number worth more than a pr 3 & a pr2 from different ip range.

I cant say with any degree of accuracy but I would say:

For the PageRank of your page the higher PR is better, but for Ranking on Google the IP range is worth more even with only pr2. We have assumed the link text is the same.
  • gothman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • gothman

Post 3+ Months Ago

The forum at http://www.lordsrendezvous.com/forums/ has high PR and lets you have multiple signatures
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

"This is so false; links from different IP’s are what’s important these days." check your info on this according to Google Director of Technology Craig Silverstein links from the same IP are viewed as links from different IPs : http://interviews.slashdot.org/intervie ... tml?tid=95 (see question #5)

Non-recip links are also given more weight....this is considered natural linking because it is a one way link which means that the person linking to your site thought the site was valuable and therefore linked to it without requiring a link back.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just to add to the above...don't think that you can get 20 sites on the same IP and link them all together and get big PR...the sites have to be unique and have links from other sites...just like an individual site would have...but there is no penalty for connecting them together if the linking is relevant.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

phaugh wrote:
"This is so false; links from different IP’s are what’s important these days." check your info on this according to Google Director of Technology Craig Silverstein links from the same IP are viewed as links from different IPs : http://interviews.slashdot.org/intervie ... tml?tid=95 (see question #5)

I get this stock reply all the time! We are not talking about the same thing! Craig is talking about hosting sites on the same IP, I am talking about the total number of unique IPs pointing to your website. 2 deferent concepts. I also have never claimed penalties only a added boost.

Quote:
Non-recip links are also given more weight

I have seen no evidence to prove receptacle links carry less weight. It is totally feasible that 2 related websites would link to each other naturally. Lets not forget the technical limitations of what you claim… IMO it would be asking a lot to cross reference each link within a domains containing thousands of pages.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's also feasible that two sites on the same ip would link to each other naturally....the basic statement that Craig makes is that virutally hosted websites, those on the same ip, are viewed the same as sites with a static IP address.

I haven't seen any evidenance that reciprocal link don't carry weight.....I have a few sites that only have recip inks and they rank very well.

Here's a quote directly from the article:
Q: "Why in this day and age does google continue to penalize sites that are virtual hosted? With ip addresses becoming harder to get/justify every day why does google discount the relevance of links that don't come from a unique ip address."

A: "...Google handles virtually hosted domains and their links just the same as domains on unique IP addresses."

He directly addresses LINKS...not hosting.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

phaugh wrote:
I have a few sites that only have recip inks and they rank very well.

huh thats what was saying :? you had said they carried less weight! Just cos they link to each other it dont make them bad. Maybe I was not clear enough so I edited my above post.

Quote:
A: "...Google handles virtually hosted domains and their links just the same as domains on unique IP addresses."

The IP thing came into effect the same time as sandbox last December and so that article was written before that (Jul 03). I still don’t think even with the “their links” the statement is that relevent.

If there was no IP recorded then a site with multiple Pages and domains can point hundreds of links at it from one domain. This will rank a site very well but not higher than a site with more Unique Ips and less page rank.
  • phpbb_templates
  • Born
  • Born
  • phpbb_templates

Post 3+ Months Ago

Highly cross link site still bring up the PR since you can see that stickysauce.com scripts.com and their link exchange network can get PR 7 & 8 doing that. It is amazing that they can get minimum of PR 7 by doing that. They just make this website topratedtraffic.com become PR7.
  • eCommando
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • eCommando
  • Loc: California, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is that true that links from different IPs are becoming more & more important?
Has anybody done any kind of tests?
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

phpbb_templates wrote:
Highly cross link site still bring up the PR since you can see that stickysauce.com scripts.com and their link exchange network can get PR 7 & 8 doing that. It is amazing that they can get minimum of PR 7 by doing that. They just make this website topratedtraffic.com become PR7.

Sure IP ranges have NO effect on PR. It can however effect ranking and it will have a greater effect in the future.
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

But if you have high PR then you can exchange links with people, if you have a low PR they just dont want to know.
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

darksat wrote:
if you have a low PR they just dont want to know

Yes a real shame... thats why I dont want Google to show PR in the toolbar. I have a high PR site and only swap links based on content.
  • JayBurn
  • JayBurn

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can check seo-guy.com forum and searchengineforums.com, they have high ranking
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Preferably with PHPBB and no string id session id crap in the URL.
  • cooler1
  • Born
  • Born
  • cooler1

Post 3+ Months Ago

so, any more method to increase pr ?
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

cooler1 wrote:
so, any more method to increase pr ?

The easiest way to explain how to increase your PR is to have links from a higher PR than you currently have point at you.

However you shouldn't really just concentrate on PR as SERPs are much more important. Links from mulitple IP blocks are much better than links from the same IP block in improving your SERPs rankings.
  • webinv
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webinv

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go to my site and look at the ACTIVE FORUMS menu on the left. I will be adding more as time goes on.

http://www.webmasterinvestments.com
  • reciprocal
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Bemidji, MN 56601

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are many forums out their with high pr.. Doing a good search and you'll find them.. What they are I am not at liberty to reveal :lol:
  • webspace
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Knappa, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

This might help.

I have some sites that are on the same IP. I use a reseller account. And one of the site that I link from all of them has 2990 and 192 on Google. I have a good number of links from my own sites. I also have lots of forum links from my signatures showing. I have about 500 or so posts on 30 or so sites so they are starting to ad up.

I don't really know how much they effect my PR. I just count the number of links the #1 site has and try to get that many.

There are some good forums with some threads that have PR3,4,5 Awsome place to post but you better post something intelligent that doesn't look like a google bomb. I'd say If you are participating in worthwhile conversation you can get alot of links in a short time.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 26 posts