Backlinks in white font on white background.

• bayliner75
  • Student
  • Student
  • bayliner75

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys

I have heard that if some one places a link on a website with your URL in a white font and its on a white back ground , so its there but not visible, that this can have a negative effect.

Is this true.

Regards

Paolo
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep.
  • iceforever.diamonds
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

bayliner75 wrote:
Hi Guys

I have heard that if some one places a link on a website with your URL in a white font and its on a white back ground , so its there but not visible, that this can have a negative effect.

Is this true.

Regards

Paolo

why place something which will appear invisible to the eye might as well not include it in the page... remember back links is not only for PR purposes or what so ever but this is for the sites' traffic... always work honestly to have your results satisfactory... don't ever CHEAT whenever you do this remember you are not only cheating others but also your own capability...
  • hooperman
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • hooperman
  • Loc: manchester, uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

It won't have a negative effect on you (otherwise you could saboutage anyone's site) but if reported, the linking site may be penalised.
  • potchie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • potchie

Post 3+ Months Ago

it simply consider as cheating. SE dont favor with this practices.
  • skysoldier
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

iceforever.diamonds wrote:

why place something which will appear invisible to the eye might as well not include it in the page... remember back links is not only for PR purposes or what so ever but this is for the sites' traffic... always work honestly to have your results satisfactory... don't ever CHEAT whenever you do this remember you are not only cheating others but also your own capability...

Right, and it is considered a BH technique and you know that BH will have a short term benefits.
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

A link on a website with white font and white background is considered as "hidden text" or it is a form of spamming and may cause a negative effect for your site.

bayliner75 wrote:
Hi Guys

Is this true.

Regards

Paolo
  • Bartell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Bartell

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have accidentally changed the color of a link on my site to white on a white background. The link was sent to an internal page. Within a day I was removed from google results. I found my mistake fixed it and in about 3 days I was back in the google results. Based on this I'm pretty sure that google can tell if the color of you link matches the background of the page.

I don't think that having a link that is "hidden" like that could effect the site that it's linking to. If that was true then everyone's competition would just start linking to each other in such ways. I don't think that google would penalize you for something you cannot control, how ever I'm sure that those links don't help the site at all.
  • weblaunchphxx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its true that white font on a white back ground will definetly harm your site because this type of technique is a part of black hat seo and google penalize the site.
  • potchie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • potchie

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes it is.. it's better to do things legally and ethically
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

potchie wrote:
yes it is.. it's better to do things legally and ethically

Definitely so.
  • lenapple
  • Loc: Topanga CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree, never a good idea. It is so much more fun when you win using the rules.
  • Guy who knows things
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Guy who knows things
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a question...........do the same rules apply when the links are simply to other parts of your own site? How could this be unethical?
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guy who knows things wrote:
Just a question...........do the same rules apply when the links are simply to other parts of your own site? How could this be unethical?

You can build the internal linking of your site. This will help your traffic flow with customers and increase exposure to search engines. I would stay away from any blackhat practices if you mean have links on your homepage with white text links to your 2nd click thru pages, avoid that.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

bayliner75 wrote:
Hi Guys

Is this true.

Regards

Paolo

It will be not visible to a visitor.........so what will be use of it......its toatlly wrong and sure effect negatively and your site may be banned beciuse of doing this unethical practice.
  • lbouman
  • Born
  • Born
  • lbouman

Post 3+ Months Ago

Stay away from anything that may get you banned on google.
  • hawash
  • hawash

Post 3+ Months Ago

from an idle website with no important content to hurt my competitors ranking?!
  • matt@aylist
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: The Happy Place | UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah it's not good practice! Search engines are pretty smart these days. Think that sort of stuff is callled "black hat seo"
  • weblaunchphxx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Search engine optimization is a great challenge for all SEOs due to change in the search engine's algo. Everybody is trying their best to rank in search engines but only sucessfull SEOs are compensated for their efforts. Search engines are black sea for all SEOs because they never publish their algo for SERPs.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

weblaunchphxx wrote:
Search engines are black sea for all SEOs because they never publish their algo for SERPs.

Indeed.......we can only guess it or juge it by experiencing and can get success just by following Ethical SEO techniques.
  • potchie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • potchie

Post 3+ Months Ago

bayliner75 wrote:
Hi Guys

Is this true.

Regards

Paolo

yes it has the big effect, possibility not to get BL because your links is invisible..

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts