Best way to optimize flash based websites

• simmi
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • simmi

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi :)

i have read many articles regarding how to optimize the flash web based websites , i need to wrk for an austrailian client and has flash based website bt only introduction page is flash page i m awre of this fact that its difficult 4r spiders to crawl the flash webpage.
Below are the points that made me confused: :?
Hidden text
A methode I see on several flash-based websites, and that seems to be used more and more, is put hidden text in the same document the Flash is embeded.
i dnt knw how that is to be done
another one that i read is

Build a copy in HTML!
Flash and HTML as an option
By serving the website in 2 formats, Flash and HTML and giving a visitor the option to choose between them, you are not only giving visitors who have no flash-plugin a choice, at the same time, you are providing an alternative to the search engines to crawl through some real content.

what i understand from this is that if only my index page is flash based then i will have to create two pages.... one is the flash intro and another is HTML page i hope i m right :)

thanks
advice is needed
simmi
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't use hidden text, Ever. It will see your site get penalized or banned from google.

The only way to really optimnise a flash based site is to have an HTML version of the site and link to it from the homepage.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts