Blogspot now a psychic? I'll be darned!!

• Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Out of curiosity I googled wedevoy and my blog came out to be the number 1 result :lol: I clicked on it... than I clicked on 2008 (In the archives) and then I clicked on the one link that says 1 Comments, than I went back (Back navigation button in browser) and I was logged in to the blog... huh?

I never logged in, the last time I logged in to it was the last time I wrote a posting on the blog (Febuary 17, 2008) and since then I have deleted my cookies and sessions about 1 million times. How did I get logged in without filling any forms, not leaving wedevoy.blogspot.com at any time during my time on it... I find this weird and bad for it's security :duh:

Is there like a certain manuever I have to take to log into the blog without filling anything or is it/was it a secret that the blog was psychic :lol:

I think it was a bug but how did it know that it was me who was browsing it :shock:

I'm speechless, shocked and... well... speechless
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• casablanca
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bogey wrote:
Out of curiosity I googled wedevoy and my blog came out to be the number 1 result :lol: I clicked on it... than I clicked on 2008 (In the archives) and then I clicked on the one link that says 1 Comments

I did the exact same thing but doesn't work for me. :D When you click on "1 Comments" you're taken to the "Leave your comment" page, where it asks you to login using your Google/Blogger ID. Maybe you were logged in to Google already and going to that page logged you into Blogger too?

Edit: I just tried logging in to Google and doing the same thing, and voila! It's because you're already logged into Google, when you go to the "Leave your comment" page, you're signed in to Blogger too!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

All of Googles services talk to eachother in the background.
I believe they all share a common remote JS comming from the same domain to handle logins.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh lol that makes sense now... I was logged in to gmail than (Well google yes). I didn't knew it did that haha

Okay, maybe it's time for me to sleep now... 1 AM right now *yaaaawn

Thanks casablanca

I must have not noticed I was logged in until I clicked back on my navigation button in the browser :lol:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts