Do comments from blog act as back links?

• blogandcontentwriter
  • Born
  • Born
  • blogandcontentwriter
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have seen some links in comments in blogs. all i want to know is does these links from comments act as back links.

Does google consider these links for page rank?
Please help me in this regard.

Advanced thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mo_mughrabi
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

See this wiki, It might gives you a clue with the small diagram

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRank
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting diagram, looks almost like a lop-sided nuclear diagram.
  • workingwebmaster
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • workingwebmaster

Post 3+ Months Ago

yep, depends on the blogs though!
  • seo_artist
  • seo_artist

Post 3+ Months Ago

the number of IBLs is very important to a site!

but more important is that ... does the spider bots really discover all the IBLs from a specific site ?

well... that's the blogger's or forum's webmaster job. This is usually set-up from the administration panel.

All in all here is a nice helpful table on how many links a site needs to get a desired Page Rank?
  • slash007
  • Student
  • Student
  • slash007

Post 3+ Months Ago

as far as i know back links in high PR pages are important....
  • slash007
  • Student
  • Student
  • slash007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Will any body tell me whether commments on my blog are important to increase traffic?
  • Lizza
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Lizza

Post 3+ Months Ago

Comment does not contribute to the backlink
But give attention to the comments of your visitor will increase your traffic if they are not spammers
  • kokkada.com
  • Student
  • Student
  • kokkada.com
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Most of the blog use "nofollow" on comment links. You get good amount of traffic from these links but not increase link popularity on SE.

I have one idea for generating good links from blog is-

Write unique articles and submite it to blog owners. Add your website links with articles.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, all depends on the quality of the blog or article where you have posted comment. If you have added a comment on article or blog that is popular and have enough traffic than it may benefit you and not all but some search engines can consider it as a backlink....and the most important other thing that you will get enough traffic to to your site if you have posted an remarkable comment..........
  • ScareYou
  • Born
  • Born
  • ScareYou

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Scoop on Blog Posts:

* All blog posts are followed, which can help with getting a new site indexed.

* Any blog with a 'recent comments' section on the side bar will be counted as a link by Google. You won't stay in that section forever.

* Most blogs have a 'no-follow' tag, which tells the search engines that this isn't a link to count for rankings. Not all search engines take that into account.

* Most blog posts give a temporary bump in ranking on Google.

* SUPER SECRET TIP: Some blogs have removed the no-follow tag to encourage web masters to comment (building content). Do a Google search for "no-follow tag removed" ---> you'll get a bunch.

>>>Be sure to add quality comments. These bloggers are doing you a favor, return the favor by giving them quality content.<<<
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko

Post 3+ Months Ago

ScareYou wrote:
The Scoop on Blog Posts:

* All blog posts are followed, which can help with getting a new site indexed.

* Any blog with a 'recent comments' section on the side bar will be counted as a link by Google. You won't stay in that section forever.

* Most blogs have a 'no-follow' tag, which tells the search engines that this isn't a link to count for rankings. Not all search engines take that into account.

* Most blog posts give a temporary bump in ranking on Google.

* SUPER SECRET TIP: Some blogs have removed the no-follow tag to encourage web masters to comment (building content). Do a Google search for "no-follow tag removed" ---> you'll get a bunch.

>>>Be sure to add quality comments. These bloggers are doing you a favor, return the favor by giving them quality content.<<<

Nice but as you said,
"Any blog with a 'recent comments' section on the side bar will be counted as a link by Google."

Comments are counted as backlinks for other search engines but not by google....
  • markov
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • markov

Post 3+ Months Ago

The problem with most of the blogs is that they have nofollow tags.
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

ScareYou wrote:

Or just check the page source when you are on it, and thinking of contributing.
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blog comments and with link from blog is considered as backlinks for your site and I think google will consider. The blogs must be related and must have quality content.

blogandcontentwriter wrote:
i have seen some links in comments in blogs. all i want to know is does these links from comments act as back links.

Does google consider these links for page rank?
Please help me in this regard.

Advanced thanks
  • aira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • aira

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think comments in Blog could be considered as traffic rather than backlinks... but still depends on the one who add a comment on a blog =)
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

It considered a backlink if you provide your url in commenting other post.
  • cristlegirl
  • Born
  • Born
  • cristlegirl
  • Loc: Michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have 2 blogs and I believe that all of the comments that have links in the name are counted as back links.

There are many bloggers though that take the links out if it seems like you only commented to get the link. Also leaving a link in a comment can be considered spam by some also.

I still think the best way to get back links on blogs is to contact the blog owner themselves and ask for a review.
  • Evenhost
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tend to say that comments and the way you respond to comments can potentially affect your blogs popularity. People like to know that their comments are being listened to. Also it provides more material for search engines to spider and thus serve in their results.

hope it helps :D
  • weblaunchphxx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

aira wrote:
I think comments in Blog could be considered as traffic rather than backlinks... but still depends on the one who add a comment on a blog =)

You are right! I am agree with you.
Best of luck!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts