Copy of my article - Copyright violation

• Snooper
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello people, I have a dilemma!

I have recently copied my own article, which is originally titled "Submitting to web directories is useless job?!" from my own website, and I have published it on GoArticles.com... The article was about web directories, and how really is useful submitting to them?! It is titled as "Web Directories - helpful or useless?!". Few days later I have posted on the other website, something very related with previous article, and linked to it also... Eventually, I have got a few replays with advices in form like... it is NOT recommended to duplicate, by copy and past any content, no matter is it my own or not, because it might be taken as a copyright violation... They have also quoted a some examples for instance how Google has referred to the similar case they have...
Firstly, I was surprised by that, and wondered is it really possible... I mean, if I wrote something, which makes me author of the particular article, then I have right to duplicate it as much as I want too?! But, in the other hand, I don't have reason to question these theories. They have also tried to support it by some evidence?!

However, I know, for example, Googlebot has very powerful history storage, and they can easily trace who is writing what, and which article appears first on the web?!
But, what if... what if search engine wasn't cache my firs article... what if search engine cache copy of the article fist then original... who knows??? Everything is possible!!!

So, I ask you guys, what do you think about this thing??? If I duplicate my own content... am I still an author, or just another "replicator" :(

Snooper
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wrote an article for a computer related magazine. The owners of the magazine didn't want potential authors to submit the article if it had been submitted or was going to be submitted somewhere else.

So, I sent it to them and they eventually printed it but I made sure that it never went anywhere else.

Yes, it's your article and the fact that you duplicated somewhere else was not the best idea in the world. I doubt anything will come of it. At the same time, it wasn't a good idea to tell the world all the details in your post, either.
  • Snooper
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK...
I know what does Copyright, or Intellectual Rights mean from a human perspective... But I was talking about search engines, like Googlebot... and my question was, is it possible that Search Engine got confused somehow, and punishes true author for copying his own content to somewhere else?! Is it possible that Googlebot somehow mixes up whole thing?!
After all... its a damn machine that we are talking about!
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the norm is to post the original article in your blog

ping your blog

give your blog a couple days to get crawled

then submit the same article with 2 promo links in your sig (1 will be a backlink with the url pointing to your original article in the blog).

I submitt the same article between the same 30 article submission sites all the time

I only care about the backlinks, and I believe google does too. If you have it on your blog first with a bunch of inbound links, then the article sites will get penalized and not your blog. Anyone else want to confirm this, I am just hypothesizing...
  • Snooper
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, It was the same idea as I thought too... I believe that Search Engines are able to trace real author by the history cache, and define the ownership when it shows up in form of some article... I agree with you about links too...

Snooper
  • justontime
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • justontime

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you have the right to submit your own article wherever you desire , the same way as a singer will sing many times a famous song in different places .

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts