Daily updates by google

• Kevins_Kevlar
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Bc, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may of noticed google updates across the board for your keywords daily I have noticed many jumps up and down much the way yahoo has in the past.

As well I have noticed right now in particular 10:30 Dec,01 google is processing backlinks like crazy altering credits massively for these I have had over 100 cached links picked up in this time and actually helping my ranking unlike the waiting in the past. Either I am finally out of googles filter for new sites that ( Some believe to be a sandbox ) or I believe google is making a extra effort to update their algo faster right now before the holiday season to more quickly add new sites IMO.

Curious in the past 2 days has anyone seen a drastic improvement or loss in ranking?

Check your cached backlinks on these DC with link:[www.yourdomain]
Check your sample links with link:www.yourdomain

Most Active Crawlers IMO or my experience

www-va

www-dc

Cheers, 8)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• wormser
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • wormser

Post 3+ Months Ago

According to my stats my site hasn't been visited by google since nov 28. Also my rank for keywords(still very low) changes every day. My backlinks have been the same for a few days now, maybe nov 28 too, i don't know. I wish they would update backlinks more often it would be more motivation to work!
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

backlinks have remianed the same on all datacenters for all our sites since the last update. Rankings have been fluctuating daily like you say.
  • Kevins_Kevlar
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am noticing way more active caching of my site and I am surprised that your site hasn't been visited more. Google visits my site every day and reindex's added pages daily for me. Just stick a link on my front page and blamo in the directory the next day. It doesn't rank for 2 weeks but after that it becomes a active traffic maker.

As well I noticed I have the ability to add sites into the yahoo directory within 2 weeks maximum. However Yahoo is massive slow for a deep crawl of your website they more or less pick and choose which pages to display on pure link content of anchor text.

Which is fine by me I now know the name of the game and I am moving up faster than a speeding bullet. However got to watch out for that new friggin MT-BLacklist one of my new competitors put me on. Friggin weenies.....
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Google visits my site every day and reindex's added pages daily for me. Just stick a link on my front page and blamo in the directory the next day.

Thats quite standard for any active site.
Anyhow - Google visiting more is a good thing, Lets hope they continue doing it!
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google has been updated positioning almost daily for a very long time now. I see positioning changes daily with about 60% of the 500 keywords I track.
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is definitely something going on. I have been doing competitive analysis for several of my clients and checking backlinks on several competitors I get a "server error" page on Google. Lots of backlink data being updated. No word on PR yet though.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I read about this on WMW and they are calling the recent activity "Florida 2". I don't see any impact like the Florida update had, but seems something has been going on.
  • Kevins_Kevlar
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

fourthring wrote:
There is definitely something going on.
I get a "server error" page on Google. Lots of backlink data being updated. No word on PR yet though.

Pr is going to be updated Jan,10 apparently but I am getting the server error message indicating to contact error@google.com myself checking my links and I am sure their is a massive update yet to come I totally agree algo change in progress.

For me its all been yahoo and msn I don't know what google is doing but I am sure seeing some major keyword movement for me. Good or bad I am not saying for fear ..........." Crosses fingers "

:shock: :dollar:
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Pr is going to be updated Jan,10 apparently

According to what source?

Bigweb - when will PR be updated? I'm believing anything you tell me after your last guess :P lol
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Haha, jan 10 is too far away.
I am short of patience, as always
  • Kevins_Kevlar
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:
Quote:
Pr is going to be updated Jan,10 apparently

According to what source?

Well my source is a confidential but I might say I have come to the conclusion studying Rusty Bricks Magic 8 ball future PR script, Tea Leaves, studying the stars, and google told me.

His script kills me lol

Results: Your current Google PageRank is 2. Based on our calculations, we predict your future PageRank after the next Google update will be 7, an increase of 266.67%.

If but only they took me out of the delay filter it might rusty but we all know google and their filtering new backlinks

Best Regards, Compulsive Liar
  • fourthring
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: San Diego / Beijing

Post 3+ Months Ago

haha that's pretty funny. Yeah people take the PR updates way too seriously - you just have to laugh. But you know if it actually does happen on the 10th you will be THE MAN.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to get out of the sandbox on 3 of my sites anyhow.
  • Kevins_Kevlar
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

fourthring wrote:
if it actually does happen on the 10th

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting to get out of the sandbox on 3 of my sites anyhow.

It will happen on the 10th but you wont see the changes probably till the 14th since theirs a lag when the datacenters if I am correct, go offline and are updated as well their is rumor that a directory update will be happening at the same time as this next Pr update.

I hope google takes my site up a few notches since yahoo and msn already have I guess its just a matter of time.
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't get all these PR people. All I do is stick to the basic and most fundamental rule of the internet; create content and the hits will come. Which is exactly my strategy.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts