DMOZ and Google PagerRank question.

• corduroy090
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • corduroy090

Post 3+ Months Ago

How much should being listed on DMOZ contribute to my PageRank? I just got listed and was just wondering what the impact will be.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

It will contribute no more than any backlink from a page with equal page rank... And page rank its self will have minimal effect on your traffic and SERPS
  • corduroy090
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • corduroy090

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is the PageRank taken from the actual listing page? Or the PageRank of the homepage of the site?
  • nickybangkok
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

corduroy090 wrote:
Is the PageRank taken from the actual listing page? Or the PageRank of the homepage of the site?

Based on the actual listing page rank. Suppose the home page is n and the listing page is n-2 then you will get a backlink from n-2 page.

chou
  • corduroy090
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • corduroy090

Post 3+ Months Ago

I noticed that no other pages have Rank on DMOZ besides the homepage. Is my toolbar broken or is this right? I punched the URL (a few categories) to some PageRank tools and they return a 0 PageRank.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

inner pages do have PR.
Dont trust toolbar PR as far as you can throw it... It's useless, unreliable and inaccurate.
  • corduroy090
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • corduroy090

Post 3+ Months Ago

What is the best utility for find the true PageRank?
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Working at google.
Any PR we have access to is upto 4 months out of date.
  • WebFreedom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • WebFreedom

Post 3+ Months Ago

I realize that PR creates a lot of attention for Google, but it sure does create confusion for a lot of people - myself included. :oops: Do you think if we all just ignore it, it may just go away? :wink:

Sam
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

It will proably stay, But as it is, It's best to ignor it anyway lol.
  • Angelo Dias
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Angelo Dias
  • Loc: Brasil

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think what really matters is your position on search engine results ! Pr seems not to much accurate !

Just for fun : i have my site - Ioutdoor Webdesign&consulting - with pr zeeeeero listed first of other site that have PR 5 when i search for " Ioutdoor" in gogle ! LOL ! I thing is that i have a lot of good reciprocal links and the other site don´t ! Even they have the same keyword !

But if you have your site approved by DMOZ you will get a boost to your page rank !
  • WebFreedom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • WebFreedom

Post 3+ Months Ago

Angelo Dias wrote:
I think what really matters is your position on search engine results ! Pr seems not to much accurate !

Just for fun : i have my site - Ioutdoor Webdesign&consulting - with pr zeeeeero listed first of other site that have PR 5 when i search for " Ioutdoor" in gogle ! LOL ! I thing is that i have a lot of good reciprocal links and the other site don´t ! Even they have the same keyword !

But if you have your site approved by DMOZ you will get a boost to your page rank !

This is a really good example of how PR and ranking can be completely incongruous. Best off focusing on ranking, I agree - PR doesn't really serve much purpose, except for Google, perhaps... :wink:

Sam
  • recep
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • recep
  • Loc: www.loanus.info

Post 3+ Months Ago

corduroy090 wrote:
How much should being listed on DMOZ contribute to my PageRank? I just got listed and was just wondering what the impact will be.

Thats very lucky for urself, well l was tring to get insexed by dmoz for a long while
[ http://www.kolayphp.com ]and at least l fed up with it, and l dont want anymore... as a seo advice, maybe ts the most imp thing..
good job
  • SnailDev
  • Student
  • Student
  • SnailDev

Post 3+ Months Ago

Same here buddy.. I am fed up after 2-3 tries. Then I heard that if you resubmit your link you will go back to the queue waiting forever for their review.

:banghead:

The worst part is that they don't inform us if rejected... I think now I feel that, I don't want to get listed in Dmoz.
  • Manish Pandey
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Manish Pandey
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well dont worry about the page rank... its obselete in any ranking... the thing you shoud consider is to get good quality anchor text links pointing to your website... :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts