Dmoz

• Sudoweb
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,

I tried many times to add my site in Dmoz but I never received any response.
Are there tips to enter in it? :?:

Thanks,
Best regards,
Sudoweb.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah, there are a few. Find a category appropriate. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and look at how many editors and last edit date. If it's longer than a month since last edit or less than a few editors find a different category that is updated more frequently. For example
http://dmoz.org/Health/
Category editors: dhigbee, gloria, nocturnal, pchere, randyescalada, shara, makrhod, motsa, blubutterfli
Last update: 17:38 PT, Saturday, August 5, 2006 - edit

You could probably get listed in that category if it was relevent.

You might get results on that one. Personally I've been trying to get my site listed there for two years and I've waited a year before submitting a second time to a different category and where it fits best just isn't working.
  • etech-racheal
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • etech-racheal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep, Dmoz listing is not easy. Dmoz consider different factors while listing new sites. So, if your site is not according to those factors, then there is problem in listing your site. Also submit your site in correct category. All these points will help you in listing your site in Dmoz.
  • jdrost
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • jdrost

Post 3+ Months Ago

I submitted to them and never heard back from them but found out later that my site was listed.

John

http://www.tripple-d.com
  • ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

All I can say is goodluck. Dmoz gives me the sh*ts. And to be quite honest, believe its highly over-rated.

RJ
  • kathywils
  • Born
  • Born
  • kathywils

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I submit my site to DMOZ directory, Is there any need to submit this site to yahoo and google since google, yahoo and other similar Search engines?

Please advise.
  • ramone_johnny
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • ramone_johnny
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Forget about dmoz - its irrelivant. Im first page Google without them.

RJ
  • Xtreme-Stunts.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • Xtreme-Stunts.com
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

The most important thing is patience and write the category editor to ask him what he didn't like about your site. Also make sure that the category is right.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

ramone_johnny wrote:

RJ

I have seen it time and time again, getting in DMOZ helps you position well quicker, especially for more competitve terms. Keep trying to get in as I feel it is still very important. It is one thing I focus on with every new client I get.
  • tuannguyen
  • tuannguyen

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
ramone_johnny wrote:

RJ

I have seen it time and time again, getting in DMOZ helps you position well quicker, especially for more competitve terms. Keep trying to get in as I feel it is still very important. It is one thing I focus on with every new client I get.

Submit and forget it, It is just one of thousand directory out there, no much of different, lots of sites I have seen have terible ranking even they are on Dmoz long time ago. Your site hit to the top google because you work hard, not because you are in dmoz.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just getting in DMOZ is not going to get you top positioning, that's obvious. But through the dozens of sites I work with, if I get them in DMOZ quickly, I see top positioning in Google much quicker than if I am not in DMOZ.

Google mirrors DMOZ in their directory. There is a reason for this. I feel it helps them categorize sites and find site's that are more likely not to be spam. Maybe you have seen different, but since 1999 with the ton of sites I have worked with, I noticed a pattern.
  • User #2
  • Student
  • Student
  • User #2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, submit and forget... Good luck.
  • Hgrealtor
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Hgrealtor
  • Loc: Oakland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just submitted a couple of weeks ago so Ill let you guys know if/when I get listed.
  • mrhnguyen
  • Born
  • Born
  • mrhnguyen
  • Loc: Vietnam

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't understand Dmoz and Directories
  • mrhnguyen
  • Born
  • Born
  • mrhnguyen
  • Loc: Vietnam

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't understand Dmoz and Directories
please help me
  • Americantruckbuyer
  • Student
  • Student
  • Americantruckbuyer

Post 3+ Months Ago

I too submitted my 4 to 5 websites in Dmoz before 6 months but only 1 of those was listed into Dmoz but the other were not listed ...

so shall i submit them again ? and what should be the period of submitting a website for the nest time to get included in the Dmoz ?

Thanks in advance

Regards
American Truck Buyer
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are your 4 sites all related?...just different domains? If so, I am an editor and I wouldn't list the other 3 either.
  • nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been trying to get listed in DMOZ from 15 months. But no chance for it. Recently I visited one DMOZ realted forum and some editor told me that my forum is listable. Maybe I will get listed in few months. Who knows.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may not be in the "waiting" area anymore. Since the big server loss they had at the end of the year, many site submissions were lost.
  • nameslot
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

vetofunk wrote:
You may not be in the "waiting" area anymore. Since the big server loss they had at the end of the year, many site submissions were lost.
Yes I inquired about it.

I resubmitted it and am waiting for my review, this time my forum has a lot more content :)
  • mfll
  • Born
  • Born
  • mfll

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a listing that was made many years ago listed on DMOZ and this brings my top consistent Google number 1 listing.

I had another entry for another site that was listed last week after just 2 weeks from registering, it appears to not be listed anymore.

It is certainly worth getting your site listed there, the number 1 Google listing I have is using the DMOZ description.
  • seo_artist
  • seo_artist

Post 3+ Months Ago

dmoz is a great directory site and I think it's the oldest of them all.

but unfortunately I think we all must be their volunteers to keep manage the new daily subscriptions. It seems that 15 000 editors are quite few for doing that!

It will be something like playing soccer alone... I pass the ball and I go and score.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts