Does Google Penalize for too many inbound links

• falsch
  • falsch

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi All,

I wanted to ask your opinions about this Googles penalty for having build too many inbound links in a short period of time

webmasterworld.com/google/3084915.htm

I need to do link building for a client and plan to simply build 10-20 links in a span of 3-6 months. Is that okay?

I plan to get links from good sources NOT blogs or forums. My client sells specialty electronics so i will only go to electronics review sites.

At any rate, this is a small site with currently 50 inbound links. will 20 additional links from quality websites that write orginal electronics reviews be a problem you think, in a 3-6 month window?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, it shouldn't. I don't think google would consider this artificial linking. I am actually doing manual submissions in a higher amount. Try to focus on quality.
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

In the google webmaster documentation, it talks about having no control over who links to you.

However, google does know the rate at which your website gains links. Increasing this rate too fast can cause alarms to go off, and if google finds your links to be unnatural, then yes you can be penalized by having your backlinks devalued.

However, the rate at which you stated is actually verrrrry slow so you should be fine.

Honestly, I am posting about 150 backlinks to my sites / week. However, I am doing so at quality websites. The more these sites relate to yours, the better off you will be.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
admin@codebuyers.com
  • rayz
  • Born
  • Born
  • rayz

Post 3+ Months Ago

twalters84 wrote:
Hey there,

In the google webmaster documentation, it talks about having no control over who links to you.

However, google does know the rate at which your website gains links. Increasing this rate too fast can cause alarms to go off, and if google finds your links to be unnatural, then yes you can be penalized by having your backlinks devalued.

However, the rate at which you stated is actually verrrrry slow so you should be fine.

Honestly, I am posting about 150 backlinks to my sites / week. However, I am doing so at quality websites. The more these sites relate to yours, the better off you will be.

Right said.. getting huge backlinks very soon is not advisible.. google may penalise the site for that.. link building is better done slowly and properly..
the more quality links the site gets the better the site will rank over a period of time..
  • weblaunchphxx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks like artificial submissions. So, don't try to get more and more links in a short time.
  • Microsys
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

10-20 links in 3-6 months?

A single event (digg, whatever) would give many many times that. Even a single press release would usually give much more than that. No need to worry :)
  • weblaunchphxx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

But one quality link can replace the 50 non-quality links.
  • jack2000
  • Born
  • Born
  • jack2000

Post 3+ Months Ago

sitewide links will hurt a new website,dont use it.

btw,i think 10-20 links in a span of 3-6 months is a very nature increase. :D
  • x3mario
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • x3mario

Post 3+ Months Ago

falsch wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted to ask your opinions about this Googles penalty for having build too many inbound links in a short period of time

I need to do link building for a client and plan to simply build 10-20 links in a span of 3-6 months. Is that okay?

I plan to get links from good sources NOT blogs or forums. My client sells specialty electronics so i will only go to electronics review sites.

At any rate, this is a small site with currently 50 inbound links. will 20 additional links from quality websites that write orginal electronics reviews be a problem you think, in a 3-6 month window?

Why google penalized your site if it is more inbound links? It's not your fault anymore on how to control sites that are pointing to yours. Yeah, I'm there, you are only doing your best on promoting your site but controlling inbound links is not your task anymore.
  • aira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • aira

Post 3+ Months Ago

With you case, your site cannot be banned by Google and other search engines just because of inbound links.. As a matter of fact, inbound links are the best links for the search engines (esp. the related/relevant ones)
  • skysoldier
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

aira wrote:
With you case, your site cannot be banned by Google and other search engines just because of inbound links.. As a matter of fact, inbound links are the best links for the search engines (esp. the related/relevant ones)

I agree but don't forget outbound links too! QUALITY of IBL and OBL benefits your site!
  • Steven D
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Steven D

Post 3+ Months Ago

How many links to you think things like facebook get per day, I would imagine it would be a *plum* load.

If you had 1,000,000 links to your site appear in 1 day what do you think is more likely, you are giving away money and everyone is telling everyone about it because it is really good or you paid someone to get you 1,000,000 links from different sites?
  • redspace
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • redspace

Post 3+ Months Ago

10 - 20 links for a 3-6 months span is too low to have a good backlink campaign. if you do that in one week i believe it is still considered acceptable.
i try to do just like what twalters84 did. get somewhere 150 backlink from quality site weekly.
  • weblaunchphxx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can get more links but that should be from related sites.
  • jason32
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jason32

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can do 50 links a month safely. Just try to get links from quality relevant sites otherwise you are wasting your time and money.
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

I disagree with outbound links helping your website - this is a myth.

You can actually lose PR juice on your websites if you do not have outbound links set with the nofollow attribute.

Another thing about outbound links, I would always use target="_blank" attribute as well. This keeps some people from navigating away from your site.

If anything, outbound links will hurt your website so extremely careful who you link to, and make sure you check those links periodically.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
  • jason32
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jason32

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes exactly, what twalters84 said is true, outbound links will hurt your site ranking both pr and serp.
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't worry , Google is not going to penalise your site because of hving too many inbound links.....you can not control it and 10-20 links within 3-4 months is not too much.....but just focus on quality..
  • Bartell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Bartell

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that you just have to try and make all your link building look natural. If you get too many links to your site with the exact same anchor text (the text that the link to your site says) in a very short time you may be penalized. This is especially if your web site is new. To avoid this "google sandbox effect" I would get links to other pages on your site and not just your homepage.

http://www.webpronews.com/topnews/2004/ ... box-effect
  • iceforever.diamonds
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote="falsch"]Hi All,

don't link to fast because google may detect it that you are doin it too quickly...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts