dynamic pages

• frank_tudor
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Plattsmouth, NE

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are dynamic page perferred over static html pages with google?

Thanks,
Frank
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mac5150
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mac5150
  • Loc: Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think it matters. I've been successfull with both formats. It still comes down to content and links. I did read in a google faq that google will limit the number of dynamic pages because of risks of crashing the host server.

Here is the link to the information that I read:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/2.html
  • nickybangkok
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Bangkok

Post 3+ Months Ago

Static more easier
  • mac5150
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mac5150
  • Loc: Colorado

Post 3+ Months Ago

After reading a bit more, static would be easier. Just read this article and it spells it out pretty well.

http://www.webconfs.com/dynamic-urls-vs ... icle-3.php
  • alimohsin
  • Born
  • Born
  • alimohsin
  • Loc: pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

well what ave seen on the google is that most popular sites are dynamic. May be thats the reason of their popularity.......... ;)

have a nice day!
Ali
  • rudradatta
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rudradatta
  • Loc: united kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi frank,
this is rudradatta thanking you for asking such a nice question.

generally dynamic sites are the database driven sites. dynamic sites are having nothing in their source so when crawler visit the site to index it gets nothing from it.

according to google you should make your site with minimum dynamic pages and more of static pages so that crawler can visite your site. but the dynamic sites are more beautiful and gives a professional look.

for optimization point of veiw you should go for minimum dynamic pages and more of static pages.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

According to google bots have no trouble spidering url's with one variable. But URls wiith more than one could cause spider bots problems.

I believe they said something like "keep variables small and few in URLs.."
  • BillW
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Frank,

You already started a post on this topic and a few of us took the time to respond.

http://www.ozzu.com/other-search-engines/dynamic-static-content-affecting-search-engines-t58882.html
  • RITZ
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • RITZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know that even if Google can handle dynamic pages it is better to make them appear static if they are going to be. (IMO it would be better if there was just a simple static-content option for your "robots" meta tag). What I wonder is if it is necessary to use .html file extensions or is this completely superfluous? I have always tried to kill two elephants with one shotgun by using ModRewrite to give pages simple names like "articles/Article_Title" so people can remember if they need to type the URI directly and at the same time make search engines index the page as static content.
  • rudradatta
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rudradatta

Post 3+ Months Ago

RITZ wrote:
I know that even if Google can handle dynamic pages it is better to make them appear static if they are going to be. (IMO it would be better if there was just a simple static-content option for your "robots" meta tag). What I wonder is if it is necessary to use .html file extensions or is this completely superfluous? I have always tried to kill two elephants with one shotgun by using ModRewrite to give pages simple names like "articles/Article_Title" so people can remember if they need to type the URI directly and at the same time make search engines index the page as static content.

hi,

Ritz, this is rudradatta

it is not necessary to go for .html extension. if you want an extension then there is no problem. but if we see it from seo point of view then it has not that much value. what i know according to w3c standard it is better not to use extension but if you want to use extension it does not create any troubles or problems.

the purpose to use extension is that it gives an idea about the file you are using or you can say the frontend of the display page.

cheers
  • rudradatta
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rudradatta

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
According to google bots have no trouble spidering url's with one variable. But URls wiith more than one could cause spider bots problems.

I believe they said something like "keep variables small and few in URLs.."

hi, meman

what you have written is absolutely fine that google bots have no trouble spidering url's with one variable. if you use multi variables, crawlers have trouble to crawl the site and it makes the site little bit slow.

lots of sites are there using hardly any variables only for the easy crawling of the google bots. if you are not using any variables then its a verry good sign for the crawler to crawl your site easily,

cheers
rudradatta
  • frank_tudor
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Plattsmouth, NE

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry guys...

I did post this on another area of the site, but elaborated more on my problem there.

I got the thumbs down on the dynamically randomized directory list.

I think the traffic is amazing to them right now and they decided not to implement my changes.

My personal feelings are that dynamic content and randomized links would be a benefit as others have said it freshens the content but more than than it gives the guys that were at the bottom of the list some top billing.

The list of links never change only there relative position on the page.

Frank :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts