PR finally updated

• eitemiller
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • eitemiller
  • Loc: Arizona

Post 3+ Months Ago

Word broke out in the DP forum. G has finally updated the PR, go check your toolbar, and good luck.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

i see no changes on any sites I run
  • eitemiller
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • eitemiller
  • Loc: Arizona

Post 3+ Months Ago

Use the McDar tool at http://www.mcdar.net/q-check/datatool.asp - you might be on a data center that hasn't updated yet. But it is happening now.
  • stoner3221
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: United States, New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Mine went down to PR 6 which is fine with me. Now I can at least sell advertising without being accused of selling page rank.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

guess i'll just have to wait and see.

I'm watching sevenseek.com - john scott's - advertised on internet.com network, thats my indication for an update. I see nothing yet - but others are telling me its a PR 7 - so G. finally did it!
  • stoner3221
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:
guess i'll just have to wait and see.

I'm watching sevenseek.com - john scott's - advertised on internet.com network, thats my indication for an update. I see nothing yet - but others are telling me its a PR 7 - so G. finally did it!

I was showing PR 7 for 30 min then it went back to O. All the databases have not updated.
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:

I'm seeing no changes also. WTF ?!
  • stoner3221
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

bbott1982 wrote:
Jess wrote:

I'm seeing no changes also. WTF ?!

Windows 98 seems to update first and I’m checking on one of my 98 units.
  • Jess
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.seochat.com/?go=1&option=com ... ectory.com

Stoner - your 7 to 6 seems to show through this tool.
  • stoner3221
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jess wrote:
http://www.seochat.com/?go=1&option=com_seotools&tool=9&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wowdirectory.com

Stoner - your 7 to 6 seems to show through this tool.

Yep, and I sure hope it stays that way! Advertising is the only way to support a free directory and I had to stop it due to unwarranted accusations of selling page rank.
  • bbott1982
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NJ, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Seems as though any pages that already had existing PR, their PR was not updated. Any pages w/o a PR were updated....

This is the rumor atleast... and it applies to my site.
  • marengo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • marengo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Toolbar shows nothing BUT
http://www.pagerank.net/pagerank-checker/

My site has 5/10

Nat
  • stoner3221
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

bbott1982 wrote:
Seems as though any pages that already had existing PR, their PR was not updated. Any pages w/o a PR were updated....

This is the rumor atleast... and it applies to my site.

I have checked several hundred directories. That’s not what I’m seeing, some went to PR 0 and others went up or down slightly.
  • webspace
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Knappa, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I checked today and most of my new sites have PR now.
  • stoner3221
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

The primary factor on most websites is traffic. PR doesn’t generate traffic. My traffic has doubled and pages indexed by Google have gone up by 20,000 in the past week, yet my PR went down to 6. PR is a Google sales gimmick that has a large portion of the webmaster community brain washed into thinking it is the all important factor. If a website is not an attractive user friendly site potential customers will still not bother with the site; regardless of how many links it has purchased or developed to get a high page rank. Page rank is easily purchased if you have $10,000 to sink into link purchases. Does that really make a good site?
  • webspace
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Knappa, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't go quite so far as to say that PageRank is a gimmick.

Google in it's day was cutting edge search technology and it is still pretty good.

PageRank is a value that google places any given site based on an algorithm. Alot of people are really caught in PR and it is starting to get annoying.

There is ,however, some novelty to PageRank, Google has it, other meta search engines don't. Alot of search engines are modeled after google. That and google is something like 25% of the market.

When you optimize a website you are optimizing for Yahoo and Google not brand X. They account for something like half to 2/3 of the market.

People put way to much stock in it, but it has it's place.

I will say it again, most webmasters are helpless when it comes to effective marketing. In some people's eyes PR is a measure of an SEO/marketers skills.

I won't say it is worthless but I will say it is not worth what so many people think it is.
  • megri
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Chandigarh India

Post 3+ Months Ago

At last google has updated it PR which is due from last more than 120 days there were lot of speculations going on SEO market that there may be some bomb which google will blast but I have seen there is not much in it. One thing is sure that google has tightened the PR algo. It has now giving less importance to mass linking or linking from one site or one group. I have seen overall fall in PR of most of sites internal pages If the main page has PR 5 usually PR of page connected to home page are PR 4 but now it is seen to be PR 3 in most of the case. So I think google has tighten the PR rules.
  • quantumcloud
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I confirm a PR update. Many of my internal pages got their PR updated to 3/4.
  • addscript
  • addscript

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see the changes on my some sites but my one site which were having PR4 and having PR on all internal pages but still not added in Google Search Index has now dropped to the PR0. My site is http://www.addscript.com and i have already created thread on this form and discussing about it.

I hope google has fixed its toolbar bug.

Thanks
  • rajputkashyap
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

well my homepage remains same PR1, while inner page has now PR3, Any reason ?

kashyap
  • kerjan21
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • kerjan21
  • Loc: Darker side of the Moon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can confirm the update, too.
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not really seeing anything that different than a "normal" PR update as in the past...i.e. pagerank still seems to be flowing the way it normally has through internal pages, etc. A loss of pagerank on internal pages could be accounted for if less people link to your internal pages than before (or if they added more links so that each link weight is reduced to pass less PR).

I do wonder though, if the big G is going to be updating quarterly (or 3 times a year judging by the time it took) from now on...

----------------
My latest site is about strollers: comprehensive stroller reviews covering everything you need to know! Feedback welcome!
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
well my homepage remains same PR1, while inner page has now PR3, Any reason ?

kashyap

I reckon google has stuffed up and did not update your homepage or.
as simple as that.

a link perhaps? :)
  • rtchar
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also see a PR update ... all new pages since June got updated as expected. Life is GOOD ... :lol:
  • Gandalf
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see that for most high PR sites it was a step back update. Ozzu came to PR7 and yahoo came PR9 while it was 10. What could be a reason for that?
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
I see that for most high PR sites it was a step back update. Ozzu came to PR7 and yahoo came PR9 while it was 10. What could be a reason for that?

sometimes Pr fluctuates? it will prolly be back to 8 and 10 for both sides in the next update anyways..

anyways, pr is just a number. dont get obsessed with it. :-)
what matters is tha serps and outreach of both ozzu and yahoo..
  • darksat
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: London (via the rest of the world)

Post 3+ Months Ago

my directory site went from a PR0 to a PR4
Im happy
  • Perseus
  • Loc: Redlands, CA, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My site dropped from a PR 6 to 5 though there was much addition of content and back links over the past 3 months. So it goes, I guess. PR isn't everything.
  • addscript
  • addscript

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see the changes and my two sites http://www.addscript.com and http://www.templatethemes.com which were not added in Google from last 6 months has been added yesterday in Google Search.

Thanks.
  • MikeGibbs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: England (and a little in Spain)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

It seems to me that the position of a site for an appropriate keywords search is changing all the time on Google - it's just the PUBLISHING of the PR that's becoming less frequent.

I changed all of my sites internal URLs 6-8 weeks ago. They have been picked up by Google (about 4-6 weeks ago) all showing a PR of 0. However, they have consitently featured well for the search terms I have targetted. The publishing of PR a couple of days ago has not coincided with any change in position for search terms.

I think they've realised that they should never have published PR in the first place as it's just meant people have become obsessed with it and only focused on getting links with a PR value as opposed to sites that are relavent to them. My guess would be that the PR is going to become published at longer and longer intervals and maybe stopped being published at all in the future.

Should we care? Probably not. What we should care about is having our sites come up high for relavent search terms and that we get (and hold on to) lots of people visiting our site. If you want to be content, create lots of interesting content :D
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 30 posts