To get on google...

• darkmonkey
  • darkmonkey

Post 3+ Months Ago

do you have to sumbit your site to be on google, or does it just search through the net?, if so why doesnt mine appear?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google should find it on it's own by following links like the one in your signature. I would consider doing away with the frames as they can cause some problems with indexing. Google may not be finding much in the way of content on your entry page as there is just a frameset. If you really want to keep the frames it might be a good idea to put some text links to your various pages inside the noframes tag, so google can follow them and index the pages that have lots of content.
  • darkmonkey
  • darkmonkey

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok. thanks!
  • Bompa
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippine Islands

Post 3+ Months Ago

darkmonkey wrote:
do you have to sumbit your site to be on google, or does it just search through the net?, if so why doesnt mine appear?

Yah, Google will find your site via links, IF you have links from other sites.

Where are you expecting your site to show?

I tried viewing your site, but it wouldn't load. If you are using frames, you should also use the noframes tag...true. However, any respectable spyder can follow the url in the SRC attribute just like a browser follows it. That's not opinion, that's a fact. I, with only a few years of perl experience, wrote a spyder that can extract a url from the frames tag, therefore, I would guess the Phd's at Google are up to the task.

Bompa
  • darkmonkey
  • darkmonkey

Post 3+ Months Ago

i ve inserted a noframes tag, could you try to view it agian, and tell me?
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bompa wrote:
However, any respectable spyder can follow the url in the SRC attribute just like a browser follows it.

I don't doubt that google's spider is capable of following a frameset, but he's got an entry page with invisible frames leading to a second page at a different domain with an iframe. I don't know what Google's policy is regarding pages with frames that load pages from other domains and have no content themselves, but all his inbound links are likely to point to that page.

The entry page itself doesn't contain any keywords, and if I had to go with frames I would add some content inside the noframes tag there so that when Google follows the links from Ozzu or wherever it will immediately find some content.

I would also consider reducing the complexity of the frames setup as it doesn't appear to display well. I see a page that appears to have two frames with the content in the left frame and a blank area in a narrow frame to the right, although I'm pretty certain it's the iframe on the left and just the blank page on the right that contains the iframe.

The content itself appears perfectly suitable for a non-frames site and all the complexity doesn't seem to serve much purpose except that the first invisible frame loads a second page from a different domain.
  • Bompa
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippine Islands

Post 3+ Months Ago

darkmonkey wrote:
i ve inserted a noframes tag, could you try to view it agian, and tell me?

Still doesn't load for me, must just be me, since Rich can load it.
  • zebraz
  • Born
  • Born
  • zebraz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have any of you guys ever heard of http://www.FreebieSMS.co.uk ? It seems to send free SMS messages in the UK
  • justontime
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • justontime

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have never submitted my sites on google ,still it appeared after a while .
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

This post is way too old to bring it back up. :shock:
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow 5 years?! ... shame on your spambot!
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cerebro wrote:
Wow 5 years?! ... shame on your spambot!

It's not spambot's fault... it's on every post there is... it's zebraz's fault :lol:
  • potchie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • potchie

Post 3+ Months Ago

link build your site.. sooner.. your site might be invisible once you get index..
  • Hafsoh
  • Student
  • Student
  • Hafsoh

Post 3+ Months Ago

You don't need submitting to google,make great content, then add content regularly and get quality inbound links, SE will find you themselves.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts