Google's Add URL page

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google's Add URL page is not the easiest thing to find. You can find it by going to:

http://www.google.com/addurl.html

Also here is a link to some important information on getting listed by google:

http://www.google.com/webmasters/1.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's a quick tip to make resubmitting your site quicker. Go to the page listed above. Enter the url and description click submit. When you get the confirmation that you url was accepted bookmark that page...then use the bookmark to resubmit when you want to....no need for extra typing :P
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure why you want to resubmit though...it really shouldn't be necessary as long as there is at least one person who links to you and that that link is crawled by Google at least once in a 3 month period (which is long enough for even low-ranked pages to get crawled).

Personally, I don't even bother submitting a url to Google, I just start by linking to it, and it usually only takes a day to three days for google to index it (but maybe I was just lucky on the timing)
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's what I have noticed:

I have a site that competes with 4 other sites for the top spot in Google for the keyphrase "Telluride Real Estate". We have all followed the ethical guidelines to create highly optimized pages. We all have similar amounts of quality backlinks. The listings fluctuate over a months period and sites start to slide in the rankings. When I resubmit my page...usually the site map...my site gets a bump back to the top spot. Then my competition resubmits and they get the bump. I always try to make some minor changes to the page content so that spider sees the page has changed.

Also...if the spiders see unchanged content you don't get crawled as often....besides why would I put in the effort that I do and then rely on someone elses page to be crawled so I may also get crawled....although I do agree that google tends to rank pages that it finds on its own a bit hight then those that are submitted...that's why I use the site map page.
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just as an added question, what kind of difference do you observe in traffic between a number 1 spot in google compared to no. 2, no. 3, etc.

For instance, I find that pages coming in at no. 10 get better traffic than those in the middle zone on the page (say 4-9), probably because if people decide to go to page 2 of the search results, it usually catches their eye.
  • phaugh
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I read on another board that for PPC ads the difference is about 1%. Guess people aren't finding what they want. Or maybe it's a price thing....I check each site to see who has the lowest price. I bought a high end softball bat this spring from the web and the PPC advertisers were much higher priced then a site I found on page two.
  • jasonlove83
  • jasonlove83

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey thanks for the links. really very helpful.
Ive been looking for these links " how to add url to google?"
Thank You very much
Jason Love

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts