Google adsense displaying flash adverts

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

The adnsense on my directory has started displaying adverts in flash for vodafone.

The trouble is, When i used to get adverts that i didnt want i would right click them, select "copy url" and then go to my adsense account and block that advert,, but i can't do that with flash.

I still want to have the image_text option set in the advert, but i don't want this vodafone advert.

Anyone know what to do?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cork, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm.. can you use competitive filter and block the whole vodafone domain name ? This should block the flash advert from vodafone. i think :)
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think that would only work if the url being linked to from the advert iis going to vodafone.com , but if the advert links to vodafone.com/deals/phones/page.php it will still show..

Illl shoot google an email soon, see what they have to say.
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

It should work.. I usually block the whole domain name. For example: if you include vodafone.com it will include any files or subfolder under that domain name.

Quote:
Entering example.com will block ads to example.com and example.com/sub

Here are the competitive filter guide page >>
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh cool, Ill do that.

Cheers.
  • Ganceann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Ganceann

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google themselves should really sort out the ad-sense programme more for publisher friendliness in terms of what advert types are shown.

Flash is new for them and I have seen it on many websites - the text based adverts really infringe least on some websites and are best suited to only text based.

I dont have adsense yet as I dont have a site with sufficient content to get adsense (in my eyes). I am not aware of the full set-up but if google themselves are developing it to include flash adverts then they should also develop how publishers can hold control over the type displayed inline with their revenue generating advances.

One thing for sure is it certainly beats pop-ups and pop-under advertising and is much more user friendly.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ganceann wrote:
One thing for sure is it certainly beats pop-ups and pop-under advertising and is much more user friendly.

I read somewhere, I think it was a post on ozzu, That google are going to test out "floating" adverts, Which are them really annoying adverts that you have to chase around the screen trying to close them.

They do all this, yet they still don't give publisers the option to open links in a new window or tab!.

They should also give publishers the opinion to have "animated" images or not.
I don't mind having banner adverts, But i would rather they weren't animated.

I definatelly agree they need to give publishhers more options when it comes to what types of addverts are displayed on thier own sites.
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Agreed. I think you can forward your opinion to google about giving more access to publishers to control the ads shown in their site. Hopefully they will improve this in the future.

Anyway, floating ad sucks. It's a typical ads that you see in most crappy internet marketing ebook sites. :D
  • flashsense
  • Born
  • Born
  • flashsense

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can also play your google ads in flash with a script on:
http://www.flash-adsense.uni.cc

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts