Google to buy Youtube?

• meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

rumors are growing on the internet that google are preparing to purchase youtube for thier predicted value of $1.5 billion.

This makes sense to me, because the reason most other companies don't want to touch youtube is because of the legal issues revolving around copyright, Something that google wouldn't be too worried about.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• xlgfx
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • xlgfx
  • Loc: saint joseph, missouri

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm. that would be great for google. but how would it effect youtuber's?
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
This makes sense to me, because the reason most other companies don't want to touch youtube is because of the legal issues revolving around copyright, Something that google wouldn't be too worried about.

Why would Google not be worried :?:
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Because they aren't worried about it now with google video.
noboody has said copyright violation will kill google video, but many have said it about youtube.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Freakin Google. Yet another move forward for their internet empire. Assuming that the rumors are true that is.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

The deal has gone through, Google now own YouTube
  • 360Varial
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • 360Varial

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is actually pretty scary to me. I use to like google but it's trying to become the Microsoft of the internet and I don't like that.
  • real_estate
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • real_estate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
Why is YouTube so popular? Is there any successful project by Google after adwords & search? In my opinion, both systems have, a long ways to go before they even approach a really user-friendly interface: but combining the strength and expertise of both companies could result in something really interesting.
YouTube site ran three press releases today, too:

CBS and YouTube Strike Strategic Content and Advertising Partnership

Sony BMG Music Entertainment Signs Content License Agreement with YouTube

Universal Music Group and YouTube Forge Strategic Partnership

It seems that Google purchased more than a video based social site - they bought into some serious business relationships with some very large and influential companies..
  • STeeLRaT
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: somewhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

Stupid News wrote:
Moments before writing this post the news broke that google have now successfully purchased YouTube for the sum of $1.65 billion in an all stock transaction.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google is rather insane now, they have alot of tools out there for webmasters.

http://www.google.com/analytics/#utm_me ... analyticsE
http://www.google.com/analytics/#utm_me ... analyticsE

They are already making there own Officer Software for the internet. Why buy the software you can get for free and use anywhere?
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google is buying video-sharing website YouTube for $1.65bn (£883m) in shares after a weekend of speculation that a deal was in the offing.

here is the full story http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6034577.stm
  • SEO_Pro.
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: SLC, Ut

Post 3+ Months Ago

I heard that youtube owns close to 60% of the traffic for online video and google only has acquired 10% so buying youtube is a big investment. Once they own youtube they will own close to 70% of traffic for online video. There are many things they can do with that traffic like advertise for some massive corporations. They would make a ROI quickly I believe. Another way for google to dominate online.
  • real_estate
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • real_estate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey after merger of G & You Tube what will the new company's name ? or it remains same. But I like Toogle. What you think ?
  • etechsupport
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol, possibly yougoogle, btw, probably they have thought if they'll not buy, some one else will buy.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope they go with googtube.

They have said that the names wont change though.
  • markov
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • markov

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great Move to capture the bulk share of internet. I think the MSN and Yahoo might be watching it.
  • Fergie
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:

It would be nice.

Google just buying up everything.
  • real_estate
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • real_estate

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:

Hi,
Ya its nice Gtube like Gmail.
  • tanxianzu
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

to read more go to
http://www.google.com/press/pressrel/go ... utube.html

Google To Acquire YouTube for $1.65 Billion in Stock
Combination Will Create New Opportunities for Users and Content Owners Everywhere

MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., October 9, 2006 - Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG) announced today that it has agreed to acquire YouTube, the consumer media company for people to watch and share original videos through a Web experience, for $1.65 billion in a stock-for-stock transaction. Following the acquisition, YouTube will operate independently to preserve its successful brand and passionate community.

The acquisition combines one of the largest and fastest growing online video entertainment communities with Google's expertise in organizing information and creating new models for advertising on the Internet. The combined companies will focus on providing a better, more comprehensive experience for users interested in uploading, watching and sharing videos, and will offer new opportunities for professional content owners to distribute their work to reach a vast new audience.

"The YouTube team has built an exciting and powerful media platform that complements Google's mission to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful," said Eric Schmidt, Chief Executive Officer of Google. "Our companies share similar values; we both always put our users first and are committed to innovating to improve their experience. Together, we are natural partners to offer a compelling media entertainment service to users, content owners and advertisers."

"Our community has played a vital role in changing the way that people consume media, creating a new clip culture. By joining forces with Google, we can benefit from its global reach and technology leadership to deliver a more comprehensive entertainment experience for our users and to create new opportunities for our partners," said Chad Hurley, CEO and Co-Founder of YouTube. "I'm confident that with this partnership we'll have the flexibility and resources needed to pursue our goal of building the next-generation platform for serving media worldwide."

When the acquisition is complete, YouTube will retain its distinct brand identity, strengthening and complementing Google's own fast-growing video business. YouTube will continue to be based in San Bruno, CA, and all YouTube employees will remain with the company. With Google's technology, advertiser relationships and global reach, YouTube will continue to build on its success as one of the world's most popular services for video entertainment.

The number of Google shares to be issued in the transaction will be determined based on the 30-day average closing price two trading days prior to the completion of the acquisition. Both companies have approved the transaction, which is subject to customary closing conditions and is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2006.
  • Thayk
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Durianburg, Philippines. Spent time in South Pole

Post 3+ Months Ago

No problem. its better than acquiring Limewire tho
  • tokyowalker
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tokyowalker

Post 3+ Months Ago

one of the best deals google got .. these guys know exactly what they re doing
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

as of now google haven't posted alterations to what they cited as Forward-Looking Statements in their press release for the purchase.
  • Thayk
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Durianburg, Philippines. Spent time in South Pole

Post 3+ Months Ago

What happened to Microsoft? Not interested in acquiring businesses anymore? they were left behind by Google and eat dust....
  • gu3
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NCL- England

Post 3+ Months Ago

all i can say in return to google buying youtube, is well how good must it feel to be 23 and have built a internet site so goood that google wanted to buy it, must be an awesum feeling.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

not as good as the feeling of rolling around on $1.6B

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 25 posts