google dance

• lee
  • lee

Post 3+ Months Ago

when does google dance this month i know its the end of the month but they change it every month by a day or so, anyone know or know where i can find out
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah its usually at the end of the month, your guess is as good as mine when the exact day is though. I am always waiting :sleeping:

Maybe someone else here knows...
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

whats a google dance?
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Once a month google pretty much reorganizes its entire index. So everybody's position moves around and it leaves a huge crowd waiting to see where they place everyone. I am predicting I am moving up in keyword spots this month :D

I hope the page rank of ozzu goes up too. Trying for a 6 or 7. That would help my placement as well.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anybody see any evidence of things moving around yet? I haven't... should be pretty soon though.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is a good way to check if Google is dancing. Right now when I click on the link below I get 692,000 results for www1, www2, and www3. If all these three match like they do while I am writing this, it means google is not dancing.

Now if you goto the link below and you see verations in this number, it means google is in the process of dancing. Hope that helps :)

Click to see if Google is Dancing
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ft Worth TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

661, 617, 617... does that mean shes still dancing? I hope so, if not my rank didnt change at all :(
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I actually think the Dance hasn't begun yet. The www2 and www3 are simply pointing to one of the data centers for google and every single other data center has the old results still. I think they are just experimenting with the algorithm on one of the datacenters, using data that is about 3 months old, mixed with some new data.

I think the real dance probably will not happen for a few more days still.
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hope your right, which 9 times out of 10 you are. I signed up for the google-dance.com email alerts and already got one, so I was a little worried about it all....
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

it really is neat how it's become a sort science about it. Not only that, but
it's really a huge advantage to know anything about this at all, because
how many web-based people, or people in general even know this
happens? let alone how or when?

It's crazy, but as we always say -

SE traffic = $
Google traffic = $$$$$$ :wink:
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have come to learn, that SE traffic can make you rich, and I mean RICH... or, leave you struggling to get by....

Met a guy off another board, who has been doing this 4-5 years now, and actually started doing "content". He has some AVS sites, and ZERO traffic trades. Still makes 5-10K a month, from SE traffic alone....amazing!
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

that, or he's pulling the wool over my eyes.....
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

no, I believe it totally. But it's never steady pay and you really have to
work your butt off to get it there in the first place. Some of these people
that make that much spend 18+hrs daily working on that stuff. To me,
it's not worth it then.
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Here is a good way to check if Google is dancing. Right now when I click on the link below I get 692,000 results for www1, www2, and www3. If all these three match like they do while I am writing this, it means google is not dancing.

Now if you goto the link below and you see verations in this number, it means google is in the process of dancing. Hope that helps :)

Click to see if Google is Dancing

All 3 are sitting on 617 now......
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the all the data centers still have last months results except for http://www-sj.google.com/

The reason I think you are getting it on the normal search is you just happend to get lucky to have your dns point to the sj server for your main google page, so it appears (to you) that they have all switched to the new results now. Give it about 5 min and I am guessing the normal google site will no longer show 617 anymore. Anyway since the other datacenters aren't loading the new data yet, its really still hasn't started its dance yet. Once other data centers start picking up that new data, then that means the dance is on and they liked the results of that one server and are now transferring them to all the new servers.

Anyway you freaked me out when you said they all said 617, cuz I do not like the results on the sj server, and I hope they change it again before they start dancing. The results on that sj server aren't as good as the old results for my sites :(
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think im gonna hate that google-dance alert more than I will like it, for the simple fact its got me scrambling to see when/if it has happened...lol
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I think that alerter is giving false alarms as its showing an alert once www2 and www3 change, when in fact it should monitor when the data centers start changing. Right now www2 and www3 are simply pointing to the sj server, which is the one with those new results. They are still testing things with that algorithim I think and that is why they have not started transferring the new data to the other datacenters yet. Thus the dance still has not begun.
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

as I type this right now, all 3 are at 617!
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup I saw that a few days ago. There are now 3 datacenters with the results, not looking good. I am still holding out hope they come with better results, as I have been looking into it, and it sure feels like these results are from 3 months ago. However, the fact its now up to 3 datacenters is starting to make me think they might be going with these results :(
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

4 datacenters now have the results. Looks like this the index they are going with.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm the 4th datacenter that was showing the new results is now showing the old results again.

www-dc.google.com

was the one showing the new results for a bit tonight. So now its back to 3 datacenters with the new index.
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

one of my sites had a PR3, now it shows PR4. rest of my sites are the same.... lets hope shes still finding her way to the dance floor. :P
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like you like the new results. I do not. The last I checked today 5 datacenters now have the new results. Looks like this is what they might be going with.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

dance, baby, dance!

:dance2:
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, i like the results for one of my sites... the others, I dont...lol

I am using EDS script on one of em (my newest site) and I figured it would do extremely well with Google since It has the ability to track links with using an exit.cgi or anything...
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Jimmie wrote:
well, i like the results for one of my sites... the others, I dont...lol

I am using EDS script on one of em (my newest site) and I figured it would do extremely well with Google since It has the ability to track links with using an exit.cgi or anything...

Well that really only benefits the sites you link to, wouldn't really benefit your site any as by having normal links to other sites, it would help their PR, not yours. (Unless you link to alot of your own sites)
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

So, im gonna cause alot of people to have beter PR's because of it... hmm.. guess I will turn the "SE" feature off in my script then...
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yup, you will basically help others. What you want is incoming traffic to link to you directly, not through scripts. That is what would help your PR.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Yup, you will basically help others. What you want is incoming traffic to link to you directly, not through scripts. That is what would help your PR.

that's good to know, boys and girls! :wink:
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, we've been on 617 for at least 2 days now... BigWeb, whats the latest news.....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 46 posts