Google indexing - will buying adwords guarantee indexing??

• hobster
  • Born
  • Born
  • hobster

Post 3+ Months Ago

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my seo newbie innocence, I am wondering if I have done something to offend the mighty google whilst creating my new website http://www.sci-t.co.uk It has been up a couple of weeks and yahoo and msn appear to have indexed it but google hasn't. There doensn't appear to be any way to telling whether I am just too impatient and google will get round to it or whether my newbie mistake of too many keywords (now rectified) has got me sandboxed ?

My question – does buying google adwords guarantee that google will at least index my site?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Give it more time. Google doesn't rush for anyone.
  • claireo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • claireo
  • Loc: Coventry

Post 3+ Months Ago

Google can take a while to index a site, or t could index it really quickly. There are ways to help index a new site, and this is by getting some backward links from other websites. That way when Google crawls these websites, the link will lead it to index your website.

You can also submit your site to Google to let it know that it is there. Type in 'Submit Site' on Google. This should speed it up a little.

You will have to be patient though.
  • hobster
  • Born
  • Born
  • hobster

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for replies

I have submitted the site to google directly and have five or six links to my website plus listing in one or two directories. It has been up about 10 days. May be its normal for it to take that long. Just concerned that my first offering of html to the mighty google offended the googlebot.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.google.co.uk/addurl

http://www.google.com/addurl

submit your website to both :P
  • coolslko
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • coolslko
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

hobster wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my seo newbie innocence, I am wondering if I have done something to offend the mighty google whilst creating my new website http://www.sci-t.co.uk It has been up a couple of weeks and yahoo and msn appear to have indexed it but google hasn't. There doensn't appear to be any way to telling whether I am just too impatient and google will get round to it or whether my newbie mistake of too many keywords (now rectified) has got me sandboxed ?

My question – does buying google adwords guarantee that google will at least index my site?

It looks too different in your case often google index new sites and web pages earlier than yahoo and msn.........but in your case may be you have problem with your reobots.txt file if you have added then ceheck it and correct it and also submit an XML sitemap to google that helps a lot in indexing

Also remember Adwords or PPC and Google indexing are two different things and Adwords haven't any relation with google indexing....
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have only had your site live for 10 days? You may want to give it time like others have said. Your site may be sandboxed by google. This can last up to 6 months. If I were you, I would continue to establish unique content consistently. Blogs are good for this, and you would get backlinks from article submissions. All that is required is a blog ping to update fresh content to the bots.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts