Google Page rank

• warren23
  • Born
  • Born
  • warren23

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just don't get it. I am new to seo so trying to get my site "up" there in the google search engine. So I am there tryping in keyphrases to find my page. It also shows me the page rank of the sites. So I type in "ecommerce manchester" and I have dropped to the second page. Alright the site is still pretty new so it only has a pr of 1 but how does someone with a pr of 0 and another of pr n/a get above me on the first page, is this google thinking it may be april fools day? or am I missing something here? I thought if you had a pr higher than someone else you would be above them. Please someone enlighten me.

Warren

http://www.warrenphillipswebdesign.co.ukWeb design manchester
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• nuclei
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: On a mountain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Because PR is only a single factor in rankings and not the largest one at that. Also, PR is exported to the toolbar only once every 3 months or so, so a site that shows PR0 may actually not be a PR0. An this is all without saying that toolbar PR is actually just a pretty green bar and not the actual PR used in calculating rankings.
  • Designarcade
  • Designarcade
  • Loc: Kolkata, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello All,

While checking for no of inbound links...I suppose we should type the below in Google :

link:www.sample.com

link: http://www.sample.com

Please do help me out...finding out which one of the above gives the accurate result...as becoz there is a hell and heaven difference between both the results...

Will wait for your replies...

Regards
Smita
  • Designarcade
  • Designarcade

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Waren,

Greetings !!

There's nothing to worry at all...nuclei is absolutely correct...The green bar is not an assurance of the actual PR...It actually needs round about 3 months to reflect the actual PR on the green bar...

So if you have applied all the basic SEO techniques on your website...Also your website has good content...above all you have done quite a good marketing of your website...Then No worries at all...Today it is on 2 nd page...within a while it will get the desired position...

BTW, let me congratulate you...as becoz your website been new...has reached the 2nd page of Google...:)

Regards
Smita
  • Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Warren a couple of things:

First of all your website was created on August 23rd 2007, are you just now starting to optimize it? If so the domain will expire in less than one year. You may want to extend this 2 or 5 years. I have heard that bots look to your domain history as part of your SEO algo.

If you would like to increase your PR, then get more than 150 backlinks to your website. If you have been increasing your off-site optimization then wait until the next google update (roughly 6-9 months). These updates happen sporadically.

If you are trying to rank for the keyword "ecommerce manchester" then improve your on-site optimization of this keyword. A good rule for thumb for new websites is to dominate an easy term, then focus on big ones.

To answer your question these website with PR0 and PR N/A may be ranking 1st page because it is 1 click deep. The homepage that is the main page might have a PR of 3-6.

Ranking for competitive keywords takes time and effort. Improve your content.
  • victor
  • Born
  • Born
  • victor

Post 3+ Months Ago

how can we increase PR of our website
  • Stogo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Stogo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hope this help you: http://webmasterseoblog.com/category/page-rank-ranking/
  • Designarcade
  • Designarcade

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Victor,

Warm Greetings !!

The below things you can do to increase PR of your website :

1. Good quality content...
2. Link xchnage with relevant and similar websites
3. Submission to directories and major search engines like google
4. Getting as many no of back links as many possible...
5. Increase the popularity of your website by participating in relevant blogs and forums
6. Write articles
7. Submit articles in relevant directories
8. Go for social book marking...

There are many more...:)

Regards
Smita
  • aquapearl
  • aquapearl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well For me Google Pr is just A goal maybe . because i don't care about my PR i just care about alexa Ranking And SE Ranking .
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

aquapearl wrote:
Well For me Google Pr is just A goal maybe . because i don't care about my PR i just care about alexa Ranking And SE Ranking .

It's so refreshing to hear that around here.
  • Sara1
  • Born
  • Born
  • Sara1

Post 3+ Months Ago

nuclei wrote:
Because PR is only a single factor in rankings and not the largest one at that. Also, PR is exported to the toolbar only once every 3 months or so, so a site that shows PR0 may actually not be a PR0. An this is all without saying that toolbar PR is actually just a pretty green bar and not the actual PR used in calculating rankings.

Hello,
I totally agree with you. PR takes an important role in our SEO as well as for our site. But i want to know that how we increase internal page rank of our website. Please tell me i'm waiting for your reply.

• Cerebro
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Michigan & Mackinac

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sara1 wrote:
I want to know that how we increase internal page rank of our website. Please tell me i'm waiting for your reply.Thanks :)

Increase your content with on and off-site optimization. Do you have a blog? Submitt articles and target keywords. The trick is to start on less competitive keywords to grab traffic with minimal effort. Eventually you will work towards harder to rank search terms. Do this until you like your SERPs. This is a very time consuming and on going process. Depending on how competitive your niche is anticipate 3 or 4 google updates until your site is positioned.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts