• Millsons Leather
  • Student
  • Student
  • Millsons Leather
  • Loc: Uganda

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my website http://www.millsonsleather.com/

The pagerank of the site is 0.

How to increase the pagerank of my site ? and how to bring the targeted keywords on the top in google results ?

I have started link submission to directories and search engines.
What more i have to do ?

Please have a look at my site and tell me if there is some problem with my site or ?

Thanks in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx
  • Loc: London UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

how old is the site, if its fairly new its gonna have a page rank of 0 isnt it..

you could put some more content on the homepage..

also submitting to directories will only do so much..

you gotta try and get your site on high page rank 'leather' sites... if you know what i mean..

sites that google thinks are important, and contain keywords such as

leather products, leather manufacturers, leather exporters.. stuff like that.

also in all your other pages, you have not really optimized them..

for example.. you have done the meta description for the homepage.. but not for the Gents Wallets page.. you need to optimize each page individually..

if someone types in gents leather wallets.. you gotta make sure your page is ready for that search.. and it isnt..

so for a start, you could write some wallet content on the gents wallet page.. and include the meta section.. then atleast you will give other pages in your site the chance to be seen in the search engines..
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

To increase pagerank you need to get backlinks, but don't worry about PR it's useless.

To increase your position in search engines you should read lots and lots of recent articles on seo from people who know what they are talking about. There is far too much to cover in a forum post.
  • vistadivine.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • vistadivine.com
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well PR is all about links if you really need to increase your PR then just build lots of quality links to your site.

Akash
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

when you say quality links... that would mean links coming from sites that have high PR as well as similar with your sites content.
  • antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes indeed

high pr and similar content is best
  • markov
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • markov

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just concentrate on getting quality relevant site links. Work on LINKS...LINKS...LINKS...That's it.
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
To increase pagerank you need to get backlinks, but don't worry about PR it's useless.

i have read threads concerning this PR thing, although i don't know how important it is, i think to them it's something. I'm just wondering what made you say that it's useless.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

bebsie wrote:
meman wrote:

i have read threads concerning this PR thing, although i don't know how important it is, i think to them it's something. I'm just wondering what made you say that it's useless.

Because it has little importance when it comes to where you appear in SERPS.

What we see is "toolbar pr". something that is innacurate and out of date.

And because PR doesn't take into consideration the two most important factors of backlinks. Which are 1) is the site linking to you related to yours and 2) the anchor text used in the links.
  • Millsons Leather
  • Student
  • Student
  • Millsons Leather

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the most important thing is the number of traffic or visitors to your site.

PR won't bring that much cash but if your site PR is less than 3 and you get traffic which PR 5 or 6 gets on their sites then less PR is also good and beneficial.

Regards/Puneet M
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
What we see is "toolbar pr". something that is innacurate and out of date

i agree, since google schedules re-indexing not on a daily basis.

Quote:
Because it has little importance when it comes to where you appear in SERPS.

i thought the higher PR, the higher is the possibility of being on the top page of SERP.
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
i thought the higher PR, the higher is the possibility of being on the top page of SERP.

If a high PR site does appear high in the SERPS it is because of the backlinks, The PR is just a side effect of those backlinks. The PR isn't the cause of high SERPS though.
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
Quote:

If a high PR site does appear high in the SERPS it is because of the backlinks, The PR is just a side effect of those backlinks. The PR isn't the cause of high SERPS though.

Hey meman, don't you get bored saying the same thing over and over? :lol:
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie

Post 3+ Months Ago

ulstermonkey wrote:
meman wrote:
Quote:

:lol: does this mean i don't comprehend what she points out? :oops:
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ulstermonkey wrote:
meman wrote:
Quote:

lol sometimes :lol:

Quote:
does this mean i don't comprehend what she points out?

well im a he, So that part you haven't comprihended :D
But a lot of people get confused about PR. Toolbar PR was designed to be something your visitors can look at and get a (very) general idea about the importance of your site. Webmasters shouldn't worry about it though. PR as a whole is bit of a red herring. It doesn't actualy mean anything. I have sites that are PR0 and get thousands of visitors a day, and i also have sites that are PR6 that get less than a hundrend a day.

The only thing you need to worry about are visitors, adsense clicks and conversions.
  • seffy
  • seffy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looking at the site there is yet ALOT more that needs to be done.

1) Title tags

2) Keywords - No way in a million years are you going to rank for the keyword "Leather" the state the site is in.

3) Site Structure

4) Body Content

The list goes on

Also have you done the following::

Competitive Research?

Keyword Research?

Market Research?

To be honest i think your lucky because as far as i can see you have not done any SEO really so you have a clear canvas to start to work with.

Oh yeah and links ;)

Seffy
  • Millsons Leather
  • Student
  • Student
  • Millsons Leather

Post 3+ Months Ago

seffy wrote:

Also have you done the following::

Competitive Research?

Keyword Research?

Market Research?

To be honest i think your lucky because as far as i can see you have not done any SEO really so you have a clear canvas to start to work with.

Oh yeah and links ;)

Seffy

Can you explain it in more details or help me out ?

Puneet M
  • antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx

Post 3+ Months Ago

firstly, make sure you know exactly what you are selling.. and make a list of the items you are selling..

like a grocery.. on the shop sign they have, fruits, vegetables,, fresh food.. or something like that

then identlfy the keywords and keyphrases that you feel your customers will type into a search bar to find your product

when you have these lists, you are more prepared.

now you have to be your customer.. a casual search for one of your products on google wouldnt be the worst starting place...

have a look at what sites are making the top results.. look at their code.. look where they use the keywords and keyphrases..

do the same for all the results on the first few pages..

then you will gain a more realistic picture of what you have to do to beat them...

then use keyword popularity tools to check which actual phrases are the most commonly searched for..

then you have to get the balance right..

choose a few popular searches that co-incide with your products.. and begin optimizing the pages for those terms..

when you get links, make sure that those words are the actual thing they click on to open your page.. this is called the anchor text.. and is very important..

now get moving.
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
have a look at what sites are making the top results.. look at their code.. look where they use the keywords and keyphrases..

how do you exactly do this.

To meman
my apologies, i should have checked your profile, now i know... you're a he :)
  • antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx

Post 3+ Months Ago

when the page is in front of you.. right click or choose view.. then choose code, or source code..

it will show you the html..

look at their page title

look at their meta keywords..

look at their meta description..

look at their opening paragraph..

look at their headers.. h1, h2...

look at the image file names

look at the image alt text (the text that displays if the image fails)

look at the bold, underlined, italic words

look at their bullet points and menu

depending on how the page is made.. some parts will be visible and some wont.. but its worth looking anyway to see what you can find.. dont think that just making a similar page to the no1 result will get you up there, you need the links aswell. lots of them.
  • bebsie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • bebsie

Post 3+ Months Ago

whew... i did it what you said... i saw the html. thanks i didn't know there are keywords there :oops: i once tried to do a simple html but i stopped. i think i am not good at it.
  • Millsons Leather
  • Student
  • Student
  • Millsons Leather

Post 3+ Months Ago

I searched in google for the competitors of related to one my site http://www.millsonsleather.com and i view sourced their site but i didn't found any tags related to h1 or h2.

All the other things suggested by you (ANTONYX) are done by me for the site so shall i put the h1 or h2 tags in the website ?

View the site and PLEASE tell me if anything is missing out .

Puneet M
  • antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx

Post 3+ Months Ago

well... to be honest i dont think header tags will make THAT much of a difference.. but you might aswell use them..

put the keywords and phrases in the header tag.. and then concentrate on gettin links..

they will bring you more rewards then minor changes to the code.

** your page is better but i still reckon you need more content on that page..
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

header tags are very important. Probably one of the most important on-page SEO things you can do, Besides the title.
  • Millsons Leather
  • Student
  • Student
  • Millsons Leather

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, Thanks Antonyx and Meman for suggestions.

Can you please suggest something for my other site http://www.katikatiafrica.com

This site is of our customers site and looking for the keywords Conference Uganda and Restaurants Uganda.

I have done link submission and still doing more and more for this site.

Any thing else i should do for the keywords ranking of this site or any SEO suggestions for the website pages ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Puneet M
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do the same thing. Put the words on the page

the only place "Conference Uganda" appears on that page is in the title. Put it a few times on your page, underline it a couple of times and make a few bold (not too many) and use a h1 tag on pages about "Conference Uganda" that contain "Conference Uganda".

How is google supposed to know that people searching "Conference Uganda" would like to see your site if the page doesn't contain that term?
  • antonyx
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • antonyx

Post 3+ Months Ago

im not gonna argue with meman with his 3000 posts.. listen to him

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 27 posts