Google Search & strange Opera bug

• Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

Opera issue with Google Search:

If I do a search on google and press "enter" nothing particularly exciting happens. Nothing at all, in fact. I have to manually click the "Google Search" button. This was not the way things worked yesterday.

A couple of things I noticed:

1) this only happens when I visit google.com and not when I use google.co.uk. (The .com and .co.uk versions have different features, which is why I sometimes use both).

2) this "bug" only manifests itself if the phrase being searched is one that does not appear in the auto-suggest feature that pops up when you are typing. In fact, the problem only appeared after google started to bold parts of the auto-suggested search terms last night.

(I can obviously resolve this by either not visiting the .com domain or by disabling the auto-suggest feature from the google preferences page.)

Is this just me or do any other Opera users have this issue?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had the issue quite a few times a few weeks ago at the .com site with Opera. I thought they'd fixed it because it hasn't happened in awhile.

I haven't searched for anything yet today though, which considering it started happening to you last nite might be important.
  • Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad it's not just me then - I'm getting fed up with finding bugs that turn out to be my own stupidity :D
  • H3llas

Post 3+ Months Ago

This problem is not related to Opera. Google gives one javascript to firefox or chrome and second to Opera which is broken. They announced fix that will be deployed soon on their forums.

Until that here are few workarounds
http://www.sulumitsretsambew.org/google ... y-problem/

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts